“Good for business”

Sofitel Lyon Bellecour
Ranked #28 of 196 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed 30 March 2011

This centrally located hotel is considered one of the city's best.

In reality this is a business person's hotel: Small, clean, modern rooms with no soul + a helpful staff = very expensive rates.

Was okay being here for work but would not want to stay here for my vacation.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have poor Wi_Fi internet reception.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank SuitNflipflops
There are newer reviews for Sofitel Lyon Bellecour

Reviewed 22 March 2011

The Sofitel is located in the city center of Lyon. The hotel is facing the river and the view from the room is very nice. There is a nice bar on the top floor of the building were you can enjoy a nice cocktail.

It seems that Sofitel and Pullman are changing their service policy in the correct direction! free wifi connection (3 or 6 hours per day), free soft drinks in the mini bar.... They stop asking extra cost for every thinks and this is nice

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2011

I stayed in this hotel early February and I know next time I come back to Lyons that this is the place where I want to stay at.

The staff was great and helpful, the view from the breakfast room on the top floor was just gorgeous !

The only downside of my stay was that the room I was given smelled of smoke when I arrived but I was quickly given another room by front desk staff.

I highly recommend this hotel if you stay in Lyons.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank EdJenks
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I was so impressed with the hotel. The location was superb and we were lucky to have a room overlooking the river and old town. It was fantastic. I would like to give a special mention to Brice on reception and Patrick and Sali. It was my son's birthday and they were so thoughtful and kind...way beyond anything we could have hoped for.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Stayed here just one night. Room was large, quiet with modern decor. Large bathroom, large wardrobe. Large TV, but with limited English langauge channels.

Bed was very comfortable. Room also had a mini bar. Internet / WIFI is NOT free.

The breakfast room is on the 8th floor with views across Lyon and the river. Food was excellent. Staff all helpful and spoke good English.

The Brasserie resturant was very good.

The only downside is everything was rather expensive, so watch the costs.

Hotel is also a 10min taxi ride from the rail station.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Last fall I had the pleasure of travelling on business in Europe with my husband and my two 3 year old twins and had the misfortune of spending about 5 days at the Sofitel. We originally booked a large room through one of the travel sites which did not include breakfast. Once we arrived, the night manager realized we were travelling with twins and suggested we take a jr. suite at my corporate rate which included breakfast. He was extremely helpful and nice so of course we readily agreed. The first morning we arrived for breakfast, we asked for the bill because we thought we would have to sign for the breakfast to which we were told it was not necessary as breakfast was automatically included with our room. We continued to have the buffet breakfast the entire time we were there believing it was included as told by the men who checked us in and by the dining room host/manager. When we checked out there was an additional $25/person per day for breakfast charged to the bill. We tried to explain to the desk manager that our breakfast was included. He did not believe us and argued the point rudely, loudly and very offensively. He even had the gall to call me "petty" in front of everyone in the lobby - petty for trying not to be taken advantage of and being stolen from essentially. He was going by the fact that my original package did not include breakfast. Of course when we upgraded, that changed the deal but of course he wouldn't believe me. When we asked him why they didn't give us a bill each day to sign for if we were meant to be charged. He didn't have an answer although he finally decided it was because the restaurant didn't want to bother us with it. They didn't mind bothering us however with the additional unapproved, unexpected and undeserved bill at the end of our stay. Their treatment was humiliating, embarrassing and nothing short of stealing. I cannot believe this man is allowed to hold the position he has and this hotel is fortunate that I did not have the means, nor the temperement to sue them for their treatment. Never have I ever been through anything like that in my life and I have travelled all over the world. In fact I am in Lyon regularly but I will never stay at their hotel again. It is months later and I am still reeling over the experience. Particularly as I am planning another trip to Lyon next week and I began thinking about the experience again. It actually propelled me to write this review because I just couldn't put it behind me.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
31  Thank worldtraveller01060
Reviewed 31 January 2011

A wonderful hotel, with a wonderful satff.
The view on the 8th floor is amazing, the beds are very comfortable