“Wonderful service. Everything you'd expect from a 5 star hotel”

Sofitel Lyon Bellecour
Ranked #29 of 196 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Every single staff member was pleasant and eager to help and serve. I arrived there late not looking so good after a day of driving with my middle sized dog and my recently passed grandmother's 1986 Citroen tiny car filled with blond dog hair and I received no weird looks! The whole thing was funny now that I think about it. :) Nice change of pace in France! Every staff member was quick, responsive, and attentive. They all went above and beyond expected (night and day shifts). I was reminded what a 5 star hotel is all about. The smallest room was "not" so small. It was very clean. The furniture was somewhat old but somehow it worked and still looked classy. The bed and linens were clean and comfy. The bathroom spotless clean and modern. Thank you Sofitel for a night of luxury. I truly relaxed and unwind before heading to another full days' drive!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
ExperienceClient, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Lyon Bellecour, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear FlavieDon,

We thank you for this very nice comment. We are pleased to read that you really enjoyed you stay at Sofitel Lyon Bellecour.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I recommend this excellent hotel due to several good reasons. It has a wonderful position right in the center of town and on the bank of the Rhone river. This is perfectly leveraged in the breakfasts on the top floor when you consume excellent croissants and enjoy panoramic view over the river and big part of the town. Service is very good and people are much too friendly and caring, starting from bell boy who bring all your luggage from the trunk of the car and afterwards drive your car to the garage and ending with super room service which timely brings high quality and taste dishes. Bose alarming system intended to plug i-Phones is a bit outdated and can serve only older than 5th version, but still it is sweet! The only dark side of my stay was the ventilation system which was not fully ready to serve me after room renovation. However, there was a guy who came opened half of decoration under the window found a control panel and set out the temperature.)) Go there you will not regret!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
ExperienceClient, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Lyon Bellecour, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

We thank you Sir for this kind comment and hope to see you soon back in Lyon.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is located right by Place Bellecour. We got an excellent price for a river view room and had a lovely one night stay. We were treated so well. We were offered a welcome drink for 2 (glass of champagne!) and we also had an really nice Easter chocolate egg put into our room during our absence, a delicate touch. The top floor bar overlooking the river is definitely worth a visit, or two... We were given a room on the 6th floor good for a better view of the river. I believe the hotel is being refurbished gradually and the first three floors have been done so far. So of course our room felt a little bit aged in the style but the standards were very good. The common areas look fabulous having been freshened and I am sure the rooms will do too. Thank you very much.

Room Tip: Rooms on first 3 floors have been refurbished. Rooms on top floors have better view of the river. Yo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Noel A

Dear Noel,

We thank your for this nice comment on your stay.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I've been working my way through the top hotels in Lyon and, for now, the Sofitel is at the top of my list. The rooms are of high standard, the 8th floor restaurant has a breathtaking view and the breakfast served in that same restaurant is prime too. The fitness center is one of the better hotel ones I've seen, especially in Lyon. Obviously the location is unbeatable, right downtown and by the Rhône river. I love the steam bath and the free wifi, of very acceptable speed, is a welcome bonus. Did I mention the contents of the minibar are free in my room? Nice surprise. In short, so far so good. It's only my first night there so I may come back if I find an unpleasant surprise but for now, don't hesitate.

Room Tip: Get the river view, it's worth the supplement.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have visited this great city about ten years ago, and have been wanting to return. The Hotel is located on the banks of the Rhone river, also walking distance to the Soane. Lyon was a great city already in Ancient Roman times, and you can visit the ruins at the Roman museum. But I wanted to return to Lyon for the great cuisine. This hotel is a step up from the Novotel, part of the same chain. The rooms are extremely comfortable and charming and there is no noise from the street. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The Concierge, Sebastien, was extremely helpful arranging a tourist walking tour and making dinner recommendations. This hotel is joined with a travel agency who were helpful making train reservations back to Paris. The city is a must see for adventurers. I highly recommend this hotel for wine lovers. It is at that point between Burgundy wines and the Rhone wines.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. No street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Stephen,

We thank you for this very kind comment on your stay at Sofitel Lyon Bellecour.
We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is a well positioned hotel in central Lyon, just 5 minutes to the old part which is full of inexpensive and fun bars and restaurants. The hotel has had a serious contemporary make over in the public areas (reception, bar and restaurant). The rooms are 4 star and are in need of an upgrade. We had a room overlooking the river and it was delightful. Well equipped. Good bed, sheets, towels. The 8th floor is where breakfast is served and if you are kucky as we were with the weather, then its really a 10/10 view. I have rated this hotel 5 star as whilst the rooms are 4 star everything else including the staff was definitely top grade.
over in the public areas

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

We thank you for this very kind comment on your stay at Sofitel Lyon Bellecour.
We hope to see you again very soon.