Novotel Lyon Gerland Musee des Confluences
US$245
US$211
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsnice poolweekend staythe rivernice hotelcity centrebreakfast buffet isenjoyed our staytram stopnice stayunderground parkinghotel is locatedeasy accesshalletramwayconfluencemotorwayeuro
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Poor, it is dated and my bed smelled of stale sweat. The staff did not upgrade me, I did ask twice as I am a platinum Club Accor guest and they did not explain why. I paid two times for the high-speed wifi - which was NOT high speed and I could not use it at all, so I am out of pocket by EUR 18. The rooms are so small that accessing the bathroom is difficult as the doors do not open fully, brushing against the bed. There are insufficient power sockets next to the bed for devices. The bed smelled of stale sweat. The room was too hot, so I had to open a window to let in cold air which made the room too cold. The staff were very friendly, but I do not think their training to look after platinum guests is sufficient in this hotel. I told my client of my bad experience to the buying staff and they said they would look into these problems as they use the hotel a lot.

Room Tip: Don't stay there unless you have read this review and the others and made a balanced decision.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Chris_Nial67
Caroline C, Responsable commercial at Novotel Lyon Gerland Musee des Confluences, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear M Nial,

We are sorry that your stay does not correspond to your wait, we are going to set up everything so that it does not reproduce.

Best regards

Reviewed 4 January 2014

As a family of 5 we had to book two rooms. One with an extra bed, the room a bit too small for the extra bed. Would have a been nice to be booked into a larger room with at least three beds.
Clean and ok breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JohanLudvigsson
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed here on business in December 2013.
The location is quite uneventful but the service is good and friendly. A hotel bar is open until midnight.
Breakfast offering is good and plentiful, room is clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed at Novotel Gerland for 6 nights to attend business meetings. The staff is helpful and accomodating, the rooms nice, and the food good. As others have noted, it is located in a business district and it's a hike to Old Town. The Metro stop isn't that far away, I think some people simply are not used to walking much.

It's a good place for business meetings. Nice meeting rooms and very good refreshments. Overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SandD2011
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed in the hotel for 2 nights as part of a seminar. Hotel is definitely OK for business travellers but location and overall spirit of the hotel would not suit tourists or those wanting to capture the Lyon's touch. A little bit out of town and no eating places anywhere near the hotel. Food from restaurant and room service were truly bad. Room very clean and typical Novotel design.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business