“Hotel with great location”

Mercure Lyon Centre Chateau Perrache
Ranked #37 of 196 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was my first time to go Lyon and stayed in the hotel. I went to Lyon from Paris by TGV. The hotel is next to the TGV station and Metro. The location is perfect. I could reach different part of Lyon with Metro. I stayed in the top floor of the hotel. Although the view of the room was inside part of the hotel, there was still sunshine to the room as it was top floor.

The room was large with free WIFI provided. They also provided full facilities with fridge, hairdryer as well as hot water. A great restaurant was also near the hotel with 5 mins walking distance. I will stay this hotel next time without doubt.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin C
Marta P, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Chateau Perrache, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.
My team and I are very grateful for your remarks, the will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectation.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The hotel is near the train station and walking distance from many great Lyon destinations. A short walk will place you at many cafes, parks and stations for longer trips. The hotel is fresh and clean with great staff and wonderful meals. Each room has working wifi and the food and services are top-tier.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank zkrscasa
Marta P, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Chateau Perrache, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for having taken the time to give your views on your stay in our hotel.

My team and I are very grateful for your remarks. They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you shortly,

Yours sincerely

Kind regards

Marta PARDO-BADIER
Directrice

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had a very bad experience in a Mercure Hotel in Adelaide 10 years ago with my 90 year old Dad and I vowed never to frequent a Mercure Hotel again. I'm glad I 'forgot'!!
This Hotel is just lovely!! The staff are as good as you get - polite, helpful, knowledgeable and not one bit sycophantic!! Reception, Dining Areas, Housekeeping - you couldn't fault them.
The Hotel is right beside the Railway line but never fear - the double glazing blocks out 100% of the traffic and train noise.
The bathroom is clean, large enough and has excellent water pressure at all hours of the night and day and the shower floor is 'slip proofed' - what a pleasure that is!!
I had a 'budget' room - I don't need 'fancy' - it was big, the bed was big and very comfortable - plenty of room for 2 suitcases.
Just a fantastic place to spend a week in this equally fantastic City!!
The only downer - and it is a downer!!!, is the 'free' (by golly, you wouldn't want to be paying for it!!!) dropped out literally every 2 minutes - utterly infuriating!! It's 'Orange'. I don't know how they can put their name to it!! Such bad publicity for that Company!! Even in Reception areas, it dropped out every 5 minutes!!
Other than that BIG issue, this hotel is just perfect!!

Room Tip: The sound proofing is SO good, any room is fine
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Robyn F
Marta P, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Chateau Perrache, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest

Looking forward to welcoming you sorthly
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 25 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Ighor_Logsdon
Marta P, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Chateau Perrache, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Spent two nights here recently. It;s a nice building with some great features and the staff are great and really helpful. The hotel itself is tired, our room had water stains on the ceiling from a leak and shower fittings that were loose and unsuitable. Although temperatures outside were about average, the room was hot and stuffy. The double glazing did a great job of keeping the noise out (the railway was under our window) but there's no way you'd want to sleep with the window open.

We had lunch on arrival - the food was generally good, but one dish poulet a l'estragon had been made without any tarragon and was basically a bit of grilled chicken thrown in with some pasta.

Room Tip: Avoid room 520!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ians2008

Dear Guest

We thank your for the comments you transmitted to us concerning the quality of services your experienced during your stay.

Worried about the quality of services we offer to our clients we thank you for hanving taken the time to give us your views. It helps us to improve our quality and benefits our team.

Hping to welcome you back soon we will be careful and will give you entire statisfaction.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I've had the good fortune to go to Lyon several times this summer. I've stayed at the Hilton most of the time, which is like staying in a lot of Hiltons; bland, but fairly good quality.

This last visit. however, i stayed in the Mercure because the Hilton was full. It was clean and had a lot of character, but was a bit (a lot) shabby, to be honest. I was staying one night on business and got there late and left early so it wasn't too bad, but if I'd been on holiday I would have been very disappointed. It needs a complete refurb!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mrkencho

Dear Guest

We are sorry that the services did not meet your expectations and we beg your to accept our sincerest apologies.

Concerning the decoration of the hotel I must inform you that it is a historical monument Art Nouveau and it was built in 1906. Regularly renovated, the hotel will, however, enter into a phase of full renovation in 2014.

I hope I will have the pleasure to welcome you personally to make your rediscover the hotel and then earn your trust.

Looking forward to welcoming you.

Yours sincerely

General Manger

Reviewed 12 August 2013

we stayed for proximity to the train station (which is brilliant) and were blown away by the gorgeous high ceilings, decor and great service. if every hotel had a concierge like Sebastien, they would never have a bad review- he absolutely made our stay! what he didn't know about Lyon didn't need to be known, and he was very generous with his time and knowledge.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kath J

Dear Guest

Looking forward to welcoming your shortly,

Kind regards,