“Nice weekend in Lyon”

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We walked from Lyon Part Dieu Railway Station wheeling our bags. On arrival we were greeted by very friendly and helpful reception staff. As we were early and our room was not ready we left our bags in the lockers provided and had lunch in the hotel restaurant.
We were very early for lunch so there was only one very pleasant young man serving. I ordered a hamburger "bien cuit".The young man seemed to be alone and I don't think he knew how to use the BBQ as it arrived with a 2mm coating of charcoal surrounding raw meat. He very promptly took it away and brought it back about 30 seconds later with raw meat in the centre, surrounded now by 5 mm of charcoal! He was such a pleasant, eager young man that I did not complain, I just left the meat. Amazes me still that I did not complain as it was inedible. Just shows a little bit of pleasantry makes a lot of difference

Our room was as expected, very clean, small size, no frills but just what we needed for one night. The internet was good. The bed was comfortable with very warm duvet. During the night we were very hot but the air conditioning would not work (probably not programmed to, as it was a cold night) so we did not sleep very well. After our lunch experience in the restaurant we decided to chance the airport for our breakfast rather than the hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I have stayed at a bunch of Ibis hotels and this one seems pretty standard. The hotel is located close to Gare La Part Dieu, although it is still quite a walk especially if you have luggage. The hotel restaurant is crappy though. We tried to get food at around 16h on a Saturday, and there was no one to attend to us. So we just left. I came back after an hour and ordered room service with a waiter, and an hour later, I was still waiting. I ended up going back downstairs to order again, this time with the manager (or someone who acted like it). Half an hour later, they ask me to come down and pick up my food. Yes, I had to pick up my food for room service!

Even though the hotel was nice, I am soooo disappointed with the service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This is a standard Ibis hotel and they performed as I was expecting them to. Checking in went smooth, the room was clean and ecverything in it worked as expected. Room was a bit on the small side to be comfortable for longer stay , especially if your two people. The room was quiet of outside noise from busy street. The bed was comfortable. Wifi worked good enough for my iPhone and iPad. The breakfast was of standard continental type with everything looking fresh. Checking out also worked smootly. Overall a pleasant stay, and fulfilled everything of what I expect from an Ibis hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lars H
Reviewed 7 March 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2013

we had one night in lyon - before our south france journey began and our tour operator booked us in this ibis hotel, because it is close to the train station. a clan, friendly and typical ibis hotel with the usual small standard room. our room was in the 3 floor and very clean. fresh and a nice decorated breakfast buffet have been available. in vening, we went into their hotel restaurant - grillrestaurant - and it was very good there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends