Ibis Lyon Part Dieu Les Halles
US$377
US$294
  • Pool
1,641 results
All reviewsusual ibis standardsclose to railway stationsmall roomonline checkshopping centrepart dieusound insulationminutes walking distanceexcellent bedshort staynice hotelpriced hotelstorage spacecomfy bedchecking inpublic transportconvenient location
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I was very disappointed by my experience at this hotel. The double room we stayed in was so small, only one of us could stand in the room to move around at a time, and the bathroom was minuscule. The hotel was pretty noisy, although a lot of younger kids were staying there at the time and yelling and slamming doors all night. The location of the hotel was pretty good - right near a big train station and metro/trams, which was good because we wanted to get away from our room as soon as we checked in!

My biggest disappointment was how we were treated by staff. Although advertised as an international hotel that can cater to customers from different countries, I was mocked in a pretty derogatory way by one of the staff when I asked for my room key in English. I get it, I am in a foreign country, I should try to speak their language (and I had been trying, although had only been there a few days), but in a hotel where the staff have little flags on their tags advertising that they can speak your language, was that really necessary? I must say that every other tourism-centered place I visited in Lyon, people were much nicer.

Avoid this hotel if you can afford another option!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank K G
Jean-Luc R, DIRECTEUR. at Ibis Lyon Part Dieu Les Halles, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2012

Dear Sir,

I read your comments, and regrets that the provision was not satisfactory. Please accept our apologies.
I attach great importance to quality, especially in welcoming our customers know that all measures have been taken to strengthen our vigilance.

Thank you for your comments and hope to welcome you again during your next trip to Lyon.

Jean-luc Rabault
Manager

Reviewed 5 September 2012

This was one of 3 Ibis hotels situated near the main train station in Lyon where the TGV trains stop. Information on the platforms for the TGV stations are only available 20mins before its arrival or departure. Once you get to the platform, you would need to look for the screen that indicate the exact position of your coach (and this can be quite far off).
A brisk 10 mins walk would take you from the hotel to the Vivler Merle station where the buses and trams run. You would be able to get the C1 electric bus that goes to the Congres Centre, T1 tram that goes to the Perrache station and C9 bus that goes to old Lyon and main shopping area in Lyon. It is very important to have a good command of French in France, as we ended up at the wrong Ibis hotel with the directions provided. There is a bus stand in front of the hotel (to its right) where the buses C9 and C13 run and a tram stop on the street behind the hotel (T1 line). The fare is 1.60 euro for a one hour fare, 2.60 euro for a 2 hour fare and 4.90 euro for a full day fare. This ticket can be used for the normal bus, electric bus, metro and tram. The hotel is within walking distance of Carrefour, Par Dieu shopping mall and Lafeyette galleries. There is also a Subway and MacDonald outlet near this station. Most shops close by 8.30pm here. There is also a car rental service and Franprix (convenient store chain that sells essentials) just outside the hotel. Staff at the reception were very helpful with info on how to get around especially Allison who was very patient with all my queries. Check in and check out may take some time as staff has to man both reception and the adjoining bar. The room was generally small and comes with either a double bed (higher floors) and 2 single beds (first and secoond floors) configuration. A number of lights were not functioning in our room and we were given another room (lights were functioning but drainage was poor). Housekeeping service was poor. As in all Ibis hotels in France, there is no air conditioning in the rooms. There is a small vent for provision of fresh air. It was quite stuffy and we required a fan. During our stay, there was intermittent power failure - the staff explained that this was due to safety checks.

Room Tip: depending on the bed configuration requested. 2 single beds lower floors, one double bed higher floors
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel on the night of 28/07. Greeted by a very professional young person at reception who then gave us good information to go out for dinner. No pressure whatsoever although the hotel has a restaurant as well. Room nice and clean, good size, pet friendly which is very good as we travel with our little dog. Bathroom not very big but shower works very well with very good water pressure. If you, like us, are heading to the south of France and been driving for a few hours from Calais then this is an ideal position. Also easy parking just outside the hotel. Would recommend or come back next time I'll do that itinerary. Book in advance to get great value for money.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I booked this hotel on the recommendations from fellow travelers here - generally, I agree - this hotel is convenient and for the price paid, not bad in France. But the one thing that was not obvious is that this hotel does not have AC in the rooms! For winter, I guess it is ok, since it has a heater, but for summer, that's another story!

Could have been a 4 star for the staff, cleanliness, room etc but the AC was a deal breaker for me - I am shortening my stay and moving elsewhere tomorrow!

BTW, there is a restaurant around the corner (turn right, 5 mins walk, cant miss) that serves typical Lyon-"ese" cooking - great little restaurant with friendly staff!

Room Tip: get a room facing away from the main street, especially in summer, as you will have to open the windows to cool down!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business