Ibis Lyon Part Dieu Les Halles
Hotelo(Lyon)(Great Value!)
US$98
Travelocity
1,625 results
All reviewstrain stationusual ibis standardsonline checkpart dieusound insulationhotel situatedminutes walking distanceexcellent bedshort staynice hotelstorage spacecomfy bedchecking inpublic transportrestaurants and barsconvenient locationcity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed here for 2 nights in early November 2013. The bed was big and super comfortable. It's filled with basic items like all-in-one body/hair shampoo, hair dryer, desk, hangers and TV (but only French & Italian channels). I liked that the bathroom has a heater which you can switch on each time you need to use. The staff were polite and spoke reasonably good English. We had lunch there - no presentation for food, taste was ok and servings were huge.

Wi-Fi was good and stable. You need to pay a bit more if you want to stream videos otherwise it's free.

Location wise, it's 15-20minutes walk from Part-Dieu Station but the walk really was a nightmare when you have luggage. We had to walk along the expressway which was dirty and quite dangerous. There are 2 small super markets nearby. Lyon historical centre is half hour walk or you can take a bus C6. It was quiet around the hotel, maybe because we were there during All Saints Day holiday period.

Overall we would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a no-frills, clean and safe hotel. We paid around 100 euros for 2 nights. It's modern with elevators which you might appreciate over the quaint old hotels with no elevators when you have heavy luggage! We did!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aki_07
Reviewed 12 November 2013

There was nothing really wrong with this hotel for the price paid, but nothing to jump for joy about either. Location is reasonably close to Part-Dieu station and the very good shopping mall there, although the mall actually makes the station inconvenient if you walk as it blocks the pedestrian way when closed. There are also tram stops within walking distance, although I must say that the streets around the hotel were very desolate at night, especially with all the construction work around. Rooms are small and have basic furnishings, but everything was in fine condition. The bathroom could use some repairs (baseboard had come off, exposing inner wall) and was cramped but clean. Noise from the neighboring room was annoying, especially the very loud doors slamming at night. The staff were friendly and helpful.
Overall, this hotel is fine for 1-2 nights if you are on a budget, but it is functional more than comfortable and there is not much going on in the neighborhood other than the mall.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This Ibis hotel is clean and safe with a very friendly professional team as well as it has a good location in the Lyon city, but it should be classified as a Ibis Budget one due to the tiny size of their rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Ibis in Part Dieu Lyon, is a modern clean hotel with a very very comfortable bed. Easy lifts, clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, one computer, wifi access in all the rooms. It is possible to walk into city centre in approx 15 to 20 mins or if you don't want to walk there are trolley buses and metro not too far away. The room was very quiet during the night with no traffic noise at all thanks to double glazing. The only complaint is that the doors slam because they are all self closing so if you are hoping to lie in you might be woken by the sound of doors slamming. The room was very warm (last week of October). I couldn't find any way of cooling the room, opening the window to cool it would have made it too noisy from road traffic. At the time of staying, there was some building work going on outside which did not cause any problem but will be amazing when it is all finished (paving and fountains etc). All in all a good price and worth a stay because it is a good value hotel. The bathroom is compact but adequate, soap, good lighting, hairdryer, heater, etc. I only gave 3 stars for sleep quality because I was too hot but the bed itself is extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 5 nights for a convention in Lyon. The hotel was packed to the brim with participants for the European Conference. Ibis Part Dieu Halle is located some 500 to 800 meters from the Part Dieu train station. The shorter way to this hotel from the station is through the Part Dieu Shopping. Centre.
The rooms were tiny and it us really difficult to accommodate 2 luggage with 2 persons in a room. It has a heater for heating the room but it does not a fan for cooling the room. Thus, I have to sleep barely naked due to the high temperature in the room. Of course, I did not switch on the heater. Its October end and the weather outside is not that cold, so the room is hot.
Upon checking in and on the 1 st night, I found 2 uninvited guest in my room. Either there were. Resident of the room or they came in through the open window. They were blood suckers.
I got a photo of one of them to share. Yes, mosquitoes.
I asked a friend of mine from Italy who stayed in another room, he too told me of his experience with the un invited guest in his room.
The price I paid for an Ibis hotel was a premium price and yet, they do not have proper room air conditioning system. If it is a budget hotel, then it is ok, however, it did not claim itself to be a budget hotel.
Luckily ( for me only ) , I did bot go for the full package with breakfast. I wanted to try their breakfast before committing. Once try twice shy. Why... Not my taste. What is a breakfast with any eggs. Not was offered and not will be given when asked, in which I did.
Probably eggs are difficult to find in Lyon due to the demand for it in the Steak Tartar.
The staff were really friendly though and the best part was they could speak English.
I remember walking out of 3 restaurants before I found one with English speaking staff.
I spent 3 night having my dinner in this restaurant. And they shook my hand when I walked in on my 3 rd visit.

I am not from England but from South East Asia.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with Air conditioning.a least you could set the temperature to 20 or 21 deg. For a good sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business