“The cheese experience of the year”
Review of L'Instant Fromage

L'Instant Fromage
Ranked #11 of 3,618 Restaurants in Lyon
Price range: US$2 - US$29
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Carnot - Gailleton
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Like cheese and wine? You're the "aperitif" style? Don't think twice.
I had a book with me, didn't read a single page: I was too overwhelmed by the offer. The day after I bough the same cheeses I ate here (way cheaper at the shop, frankly), but I've never managed to recreate the atmosphere and choose the proper combination of wine/cheese/sides. I'd visit Lyon again just to come here again.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

My husband and I enjoyed a very relaxing dinner at L'Instant Fromage. The wait staff was some of the friendliest and most helpful we experienced in France which is a pretty high bar. They sourced quality meats and cheeses and assembled a beautiful cheese and charcuterie board and suggested a great wine pairing. The prices were very affordable for the excellent quality and services we received. After dining at several Michelin star restaurants on our trip, this restaurant was one of my favorite meals of the week.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

This place is an experience, they were accommodating of us even with our little girl. They recommended everything from the wine to the cheese, perfect and very fairly price.

We will be back x

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a fromage and charcuterie tray here... excellent selection, labeled. Salad in a jar was very nice, tartine of mozzarella, jambon cru and pesto was good , but the (very good ) bread was too thick to get the full flavor of the toppings. A nice rose de Provence and Badoit water finished our meal.. about €39. Everything was of highest quality. Try here for a good casual meal.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Lived this little restaurant. Best place we ate in Lyon by miles. Friendly staff who chose the cheese for us (We had a sharing plate). Loved the accompaniments to enhance the flavour of each cheese. Buzzy atmosphere and great coffee and wine.