“great site”

and up
Lyon Croix-Rousse City Tram Tour with Audio Guide
Ranked #6 of 229 things to do in Lyon
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The biggest wall painting in Europe , just 3 metro stations from the hotel the ville, 1 minute walking from the Hennon station, line C. Beatifull and impressive. The kids really enjoyed it and we felt the same. It has so many details and it is very colorful. Nothing else to do there, you can take the metro spend 30 minutes infront of thw wall and go back with the same tickets which are valid for an hour.

4  Thank Ofer S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,045)

Reviewed 6 September 2013

It soo real to see this wall..Biggest painted wall in EU. If it's first time..u stay mute front of this wall. I loved it

2  Thank Chakdole
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Found out about the murals on T/A. Went to Croix - Rousse, then walked down the hill, easy walking, with good photo opportunities. Plan your trip before you go, so you are able to find them along the way. I found other murals that I was not looking for, it's not a big area, but a pleasure all the same.

1  Thank foreverdreamin
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The silk museum is special. Our group paid a visit there. One lady gave us a talk in a small and stuffy room. She is knowledgeable and enjoyed her presentation. The silk came from China, but Frenchmen learned how to grow mulberry trees and to make silk. In fact, only Lyon was allowed to make silk for the royalty. Later we walked across the street to another room. A young lady showed us how to operate a loom. I was impressed by her frequent use of the word “imagine.” I asked which silk products are better: men made and machine made. She was honest, saying that there had been special demand for men-made products, although the market had been shrunk. Later another guide took us to the neighborhood, where workers lived and worked. He mentioned the power struggle between workers and merchants. I was surprised that he did not mention factory owners. Later I learned that silk industry was very much family business.

1  Thank abuben
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The silk museum is in a very unassuming building, but the information is fascinating. My husband & I took the metro to the closest stop. Which was a good thing as that part of Lyon is situated at the top of a hill. The museum tells the history of the silk industry in Lyon. Try to make the guided tour in the morning of afternoon as I am sure they will give you more insight into the history. It is a small museum so will not take you long to see everything. It was fun just walking around the neighborhood and walking through the Jardin back to City Hall.

1  Thank SWLewis