“Best coffee in Lyon”

La Boite a Cafe
Ranked #5 of 16 Coffee & Tea in Lyon
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Coffeeshop located in a nice arty part of town, off the tourist tracks but still in the center of town, you ll be able to visit loads of traboules in this area. Beautiful patisseries and real coffee, hot pressed sandwiches for lunch, open 7 days.
Milan, Italy
“Best coffee in Lyon”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I am a coffee drinker, and while I was living in Lyon it was nearly impossible to have a good one. When I finally discovered Cafe Mokxa, the amazingly friendly staff, adorable seating area, comfy blankets to use outside, and delicious treats I started to spend hours and hours, day after day in this cafe. There's nothing bad about this place, and it quickly becomes a second home with an international atmosphere.
I miss you all at Mokxa! Someone have a flat white for me.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Hgil08

• Korean first
Kiev, Ukraine
“The only place in Lyon you can drink proper coffee”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I love speciality coffee and I can't stand the coffee made in 99,99% of French Restaurants.
French coffee gives me a terrible mood.

But here, in Mokha is my coffee heaven.
The coffee beans are always fresh, baristas are professionals.
They have such a friendly atmosphere, that I'm coming back there almost every day.
Plus they have a great American style cakes - don't miss it

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank elentarin_kiev
San Francisco, California
“mochaccino!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

It's not quite 100% French, but I kind of love the fusion of French and American styles of coffee. The chocolate frappe was great, as was the mochaccino! I always meet someone interesting when I come here. I go here to study usually, but if I'm in a big group I try to find somewhere else because it's a little small. Very cute.

• Visited October 2013
“Worth the little uphill walk”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Read the reviews, wanted to find out by ourselves if the cappuccino is that great! It is That great! In fact, can't help but have two! Kidding aside, it tasted like dessert to me.

Visited October 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Wicked Coffee”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We only had one day in Lyon, but made sure to stop here to try the coffee. It was some of the best that we had while in Europe. The espresso was excellent, and judging by the amount of locals there, we weren't the only ones that thought so!
It's a small place with plenty of outdoor seating, and is off the tourist track in a really funky neighbourhood, which is a nice change. Make sure to seek this place out when you're in Lyon!

Visited September 2013