“Incredible - can't wait to go back”
Review of L'Archange

L'Archange
Ranked #1 of 3,258 Restaurants in Lyon
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Incredible - can't wait to go back”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a really special restaurant. Firstly, the food is utterly delicious. It was all wonderful, but the lamb ravioli was genuinely as nice as starters I have eaten in Michelin starred restaurants. We could not believe how good the food was when the menu is so reasonably priced. Secondly, we loved the atmosphere. A beautiful room and tables, excellent service. We were enjoying ourselves so much we ordered cheese to share as well as desert to prolong our evening - it was a great selection which I'd recommend.

Thank you - the cooking is talented, the service so efficient when it is all done by one gentleman. This is a gem and we can't wait to go back to Lyon so that we can eat here again.

2 Thank kfljrw

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
“Good, but ultimately disappointing”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have family living in Lyon, so I have spent quite a lot of time there trying out different restaurants. Needless to say I was excited about trying one of the best, if not the best, low price fine dining restaurant.

The starter of lamb ravioli with garlic cream was very good, if just a tad under-seasoned. The mains of pork or duck (tried both) were quite underwhelming for a restaurant of this supposed standard.

I don't mean to knock it too much, since it's a good meal for the price ~€30 for three courses, and their house Cote du Rhones was humbly priced and very nice - but it's hard to not be disappointed by a good restaurant, when you were expecting greatness.

2 Thank Carl N
Florida
“The Best Meal I had in France”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was one of the best meals I had while in France during my two week trip. The waitstaff was exceptionally accommodating, knowledgeable, and pleasant. I dined with my husband and another couple so had an opportunity to sample four outstanding meals and delicious desserts. The food was so good that I ordered the cheese plate (and was not disappointed). It is evident that the chef takes great care in preparing each and every dish. The ambiance is charming. My only regret is that I don't live closer as I would love to return soon. I am glad I had an opportunity to eat at Archange. It was a memorable meal. Be sure to make a reservation. There were people who wanted to dine but could not be accommodated. This is a restaurant that is truly praiseworthy.

2 Thank TravelingGirl72
“Great end to the Holiday”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

M darling wife Karen, did all the research and didnt let us down, finding this wonderful restaurant.
Intimate, relaxing and great food....just simply a lovely evening and at the end great value.
Make sure you book, dont be disappointed.

1 Thank Tony B
“Utterly stunning!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Cannot heap enough praise on this place. Even at double the price it would be cheap. Started with home made (more hand crafted) lamb ravioli which was sensational. Then pork medallions for main, again....exquisite.....then delicious cheese course for a small surcharge finished off with sensational pineapple purée! The house wine was more than good enough and finished off with a very, very nice dessert wine for just €6.00 per glass. If this was Ramsey in London, it would be £100.00 per head at least. It's the finest dining in Lyon, at just €50.00 each all in!! My only advice to the owners, double your prices, it would still be cheap! Awesome experience..
thank you!