“Fabulous”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Yesterday we were in Lyon and having looked for possible restaurants to go to we decided to go to Archange. We were not disappointed. Service excellent, food excellent ambiance excellent. We would recommend it highly.

Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
“Top quality French dining experience”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a fantastic meal at Archange. I reserved a table in advance online because I read that it was very popular! I got a reply quickly from my online reservation. We ate here on a Tuesday night, and while not completely full there was only ever one or two tables free so I would definitely suggest booking if you are looking to eat here later in the week. The menus was very small, only a choice of 3 starters, 3 mains and 3 deserts (or cheese) but all of the items on the menu sounded delicious and I would happily have eaten any of them (none were vegetarian)! It was €30 for 3 courses and I found this exceptional value for money! I had the duck for the main course and it was so flavoursome with lots of colourful fruits and vegetables beautifully arranged across the plate to complement the duck! The chocolate desert was incredibly rich and delicious. I highly recommend Archange, the waiter was also very courteous and professional and the "pot" of local cote de Rhone was very nice and well priced at €11.90.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Carebear333
Renmark, Australia
“Wonderful meal and service”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the owners of the B & B we were staying at and we were not disappointed. All three courses were beautiful and this fine dining experience far exceeded what we were expecting for the price. The service was impeccable and if we return to Lyon it will be the first restaurant we visit.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Orchardists
London
“Incredible - can't wait to go back”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a really special restaurant. Firstly, the food is utterly delicious. It was all wonderful, but the lamb ravioli was genuinely as nice as starters I have eaten in Michelin starred restaurants. We could not believe how good the food was when the menu is so reasonably priced. Secondly, we loved the atmosphere. A beautiful room and tables, excellent service. We were enjoying ourselves so much we ordered cheese to share as well as desert to prolong our evening - it was a great selection which I'd recommend.

Thank you - the cooking is talented, the service so efficient when it is all done by one gentleman. This is a gem and we can't wait to go back to Lyon so that we can eat here again.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank kfljrw
“Good, but ultimately disappointing”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have family living in Lyon, so I have spent quite a lot of time there trying out different restaurants. Needless to say I was excited about trying one of the best, if not the best, low price fine dining restaurant.

The starter of lamb ravioli with garlic cream was very good, if just a tad under-seasoned. The mains of pork or duck (tried both) were quite underwhelming for a restaurant of this supposed standard.

I don't mean to knock it too much, since it's a good meal for the price ~€30 for three courses, and their house Cote du Rhones was humbly priced and very nice - but it's hard to not be disappointed by a good restaurant, when you were expecting greatness.

• Visited July 2014