“Delightful”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We booked a few weeks before our arrival and at that time Archange was 2nd or 3rd on Trip Advisor but we chose it because the reviews were great and the menu looked good and we thought a small menu would mean well executed dishes. We were right. In fact it took us a few minutes to order as we just couldn't decide. The service is excellent and the maître d will happily speak English or French. Food good, wine well priced and a really lovely environment. I see this restaurant is now no 1, am I surprised? No, not at all. Keep up the good work!

2  Thank TrailingSpouseLD

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Yesterday we were in Lyon and having looked for possible restaurants to go to we decided to go to Archange. We were not disappointed. Service excellent, food excellent ambiance excellent. We would recommend it highly.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I had a fantastic meal at Archange. I reserved a table in advance online because I read that it was very popular! I got a reply quickly from my online reservation. We ate here on a Tuesday night, and while not completely full there was only ever one or two tables free so I would definitely suggest booking if you are looking to eat here later in the week. The menus was very small, only a choice of 3 starters, 3 mains and 3 deserts (or cheese) but all of the items on the menu sounded delicious and I would happily have eaten any of them (none were vegetarian)! It was €30 for 3 courses and I found this exceptional value for money! I had the duck for the main course and it was so flavoursome with lots of colourful fruits and vegetables beautifully arranged across the plate to complement the duck! The chocolate desert was incredibly rich and delicious. I highly recommend Archange, the waiter was also very courteous and professional and the "pot" of local cote de Rhone was very nice and well priced at €11.90.

1  Thank Carebear333
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the owners of the B & B we were staying at and we were not disappointed. All three courses were beautiful and this fine dining experience far exceeded what we were expecting for the price. The service was impeccable and if we return to Lyon it will be the first restaurant we visit.

1  Thank Orchardists
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a really special restaurant. Firstly, the food is utterly delicious. It was all wonderful, but the lamb ravioli was genuinely as nice as starters I have eaten in Michelin starred restaurants. We could not believe how good the food was when the menu is so reasonably priced. Secondly, we loved the atmosphere. A beautiful room and tables, excellent service. We were enjoying ourselves so much we ordered cheese to share as well as desert to prolong our evening - it was a great selection which I'd recommend.

Thank you - the cooking is talented, the service so efficient when it is all done by one gentleman. This is a gem and we can't wait to go back to Lyon so that we can eat here again.

2  Thank kfljrw