“Loved the room and location, but air conditioning not effective” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Lyon Centre Beaux Arts

Mercure Lyon Centre Beaux Arts
Ranked #11 of 193 Hotels in Lyon
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Loved the room and location, but air conditioning not effective”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel has undergone a recent renovation and I love the new decor in the lobby area as well as in the rooms. Arriving before noon on a Sunday, I had to wait an hour to checkin, but was upgraded to a Privilege room which was much appreciated. The woman who checked me in was exceptionally nice and helpful. She made a very good first impression for the hotel. Sorry that I didn't get her name as I would like her to get recognition for her excellent customer interactions. She was a brunette with long hair, if that helps to identify her. Once in the room, I was very impressed with the renovation. The room was spacious, well appointed, and I loved the furnishings. It certainly would have merited a 5 rating, except that there was very warm weather in Lyon during my stay and the air conditioning in the room was not effective. I stayed 2 nights and by the second night, the room was uncomfortably warm. I was on the second floor and there were floors above me which may have been warmer still. If the hotel can fix this problem, I will be happy to recommend this hotel and I would certainly stay here again. Everything else about the room met or exceeded my expectations. There was a Nespresso machine for coffee, a small refrigerator, nice bathrobe and slippers, and nice, contemporary furnishings. The wifi worked well. The location of the hotel is excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank swissmiss001
DIRECTION_MLBA, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Beaux Arts, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear guests,

We thank you for staying in the Mercure Beaux-Arts and we are happy that you enjoyed our recent renovation.

Our "Beaux-Artistes" team tries as much as possible to make the diff'erence by the quality of service proposed and I will let them know that you appreciated it.

Concerning the air conditoned, we had an issue during last weeks that we are currently fixing. The new system should be entirely effctive within a few days.

I hope I will have pleasure to welcome you personnally for your next stay in our hotel,

Anthony BEZIN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just came back from Lyon and I have to say I loved this hotel. The staff was friendly and really helpful, especially Yohnny. I hope I spelled his name correctly, since he did not spell it with a (J). The staff answered all my questions and helped arrange a taxi for 5 am to the airport. The location of the hotel is close to the restaurants, metro and shops.

In regards to anything negative about this hotel, I just cannot think of a thing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JudyV409
Dear guests,

Thank you for giving us your feedback following your stay in the Mercure Beaux-Arts.

We are happy that you enjoyed the quality of service proposed, especially by Yohann ;)

We hope we will have pleasure to welcome you for your next visit in Lyon.

Regards

Sancerre, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Good location with public underground parking nearby (Republic). Old hotel but well maintained, minimal staff however. Air conditioning was not very effective. Large, comfortable bathroom. Easy to find.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Zuluquebec
DIRECTION_MLBA, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Beaux Arts, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear guests,

We thank you for your feedback thanks to your stay in our hotel.

Our team tries as much as possible to propose a perfect journey to all our guests. We understand unfortunately that you were not satisfied by some aspects of your stay and we sincerely apologize for that.

As you noticed it, we faced some issues with the air conditioning. Those issues have been recently fixed and we hope we will have pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel.

Kind regards

Zofingen, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I spent a couple of days in this hotel. It is placed in a great position, the rooms are modern and super clean. The staff is really friendly, helpful and smily (really rare around the word...). I will definitely come back :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank frago_78
DIRECTION_MLBA, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Beaux Arts, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comment. It encourages all our team to improve the quality of service proposed.

I hope I will have pleasure to welcome you personally for your next stay in our hotel.

Kind regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed here for a few days whislt visiting family. The hotel itself is lovely, clean and modern. Great location for exploring the centre of the city and a great view over the square in front of the hotel. The staff were all very friendly, particularly Pauline who helped arrange taxis to the airport without any fuss and was very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Alexandra H
DIRECTION_MLBA, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Beaux Arts, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear guests,

We thank you for giving us your feedback concerning your stay in the Mercure Beaux Arts.

I am happy that you enjoyed the service proposed by our team. It encourages us to continue our efforts in this way.

We hope we will have pleasure to welcome you back iin our Mercure hotels,

San Rafael, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was my last hotel stay of 5 cities in italy and france. Great way to finish with the best. If you want to see Lyon this is the place to stay in the middle of everything. Was a long way from airport for flight home but in the bat location for walking around Lyon and enjoying this nice city. Great food and really good people. Room looked out over beautiful fountain and modern and meat with great waterfall shower! Would stay here in a heartbeat

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Gelliott415
DIRECTION_MLBA, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Beaux Arts, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear guests,

I really thank you for giving us your feedback thanks to your stay in our hotel.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and the confort of our entirely refurbished rooms.

Moreover, we still believe that the quality is based on the service proposed by our staff. We really appreciate that you could enjoy it.

We hope we will have pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel.

Kind Regards