“Great vale for Money!”

Le Comptoir du Boeuf
Reserve with
Le Comptoir du Boeuf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #202 of 3,268 Restaurants in Lyon
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Athens, Attiki, Greece
“Great vale for Money!”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Excellent food and service! The staff there are always smiling although they do run up an down all the time! :)

Visited May 2013

france
“Good tasty Lyonaise food”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This was our first visit to a 'Bouchon'. Whilst I am happy with most offal my wife is a little more conservative. We opted for the Lyonaisse menu at a very reasonable €16. I had a salad which included veal feet and Museau a type of brawn. It was tasty and filling but I found the texture of the calf unpleasant. My wife had a sheeps cheese salad with a herb dressing which she says was delicious. We both opted for a Lyonaise speciality main course; Pike dumplings in a lobster sauce with crunchy Lyonaisse potatoes. Absolutely delicious. We both had a cold bread and butter pudding with warm caramel as a desert which was good and filling.. Just under half a litre of Cotes du Rhone came in at €11 which I thought was a bit steep for what was a very ordinary red. This Bouchon is in a part of the old city with wall to wall competitors offering very similar menus at very similar prices, 'Cartel'? The staff were super efficient and charming. I would eat here again even if it was just for the Pike dumplings!

• Visited April 2013
bucks
“Good food at great prices”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

The reviews on Tripadvisor were very accurate. This is good food from a choice of set menus and at remarkable prices given the 16euro cost at lunchtime. I enjoyed a fine fresh salad, very good Beef and a delicious chocolate mousse, with cover and service charge included. This is in a very touristy area, but not a tourist rip off. I would strongly recommend.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank sbarrow
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Definitely recommended”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Honest, tasty, traditional Lyonnaise cuisine served by friendly and attentive staff. Not fine dining but very good value for money. I enjoyed my first meal there so much that I returned the following day for lunch. The staff recognized me and tried to seat me ASAP even though they were very busy catering to a full house. Would have returned to try more dishes if I had stayed longer in Lyons.

Visited November 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Food, service, position & price all excellent!”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Situated in the St Jean district of Vieux Lyon, Le comptoir is surrounded by eateries all looking for you business. This restaurant has all the traditional "Bouchon Lyonnaise" plus the more usual French Cuisine. We ate outdoors on the terrace(street!) and watched the world go by until a brief heavy rain shower shifted the passers-by! We were treating ourselves so didn't stint on our choices of food or wine. Everything was excellent including our waiter who spoke English very well. Total bill was 95€ which included a 20€ bottle of wine. Highly recommended if you go to Lyon

• Visited July 2012