“MEDIOCRE”

Mercure Lyon Centre Brotteaux
Ranked #79 of 196 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed 18 February 2014

How the authorities can give this hotel 4 stars is beyond me. At almost 150€ a night it is exhorbitant for what I would describe as a "taudis" No restaurante, hand rail falling off the wall in the bathroom, dreadful carpet on the floor and on one wall. From the outsider the building looks great, but inside!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Paule D, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Brotteaux, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear customer,

We thank you for having taken time to announce us your comment.
We regret that you didn't appreciate our services, and are sincerely sorry about it.
In spite of all the care which we bring to return the pleasant stay of our customers, we aren't able to notice a dysfunction, and regret that you didn't announce to us it during your stay, we would have been able very certainly to remedy it.
Hoping nevertheless to have the pleasure to welcome you again.
Paule Daniel Directrice

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed in charming hotel two nights.
Hotel was in a great location close to the train station, historical places and big shopping center.
The managers were very friendly, provided useful information and perfect speaks English.
Room was very clean and the free wifi was good. Breakfast was exellent.
Would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Svetlana31
Paule D, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Brotteaux, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your positive comments !

I shall not miss to transmit them to my Team, which will be delighted to know that you have spent an excellent stay in our company.

We shall be happy to welcome you again in 2014...!

Cordialy.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very efficient hotel within a charming building. Good size rooms, very clean & well appointed.
The buildings opposite were beautiful & surrounded by historical streets/buildings. Nice little balcony. Efficient check-out.
Perhaps a little over-priced, carpets are a bit basic & not enough sound proofing.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the square
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hooray H
Paule D, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Brotteaux, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Customer,

We thank you for having taken time to send us your message.

It is always with the real pleasure that my Team, and I, let us discover very positive comments. They encourage us to maintain our efforts to satisfy always better our customers.
Still one thank you, and in the pleasure to welcome you again in our establishment.

Happy New Year 2014 !

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Very nice and romantic rooms. We got upgraded to privilege room for being platinum member. In privilege room u have drinks included and better pillows to sleep.

Super location close to train station and just across there are the bicycles to rent an amazing way to explore lyon.

Breakfast was ok. Choice could be bigger but its ok.

We can fully recommend this hotel and would come back ourself.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Howard H
Paule D, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Brotteaux, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for having taken time to send us your message.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

When I worked in Lyon I had the opportunity to stay at the Mercure Lyon Brotteaux. It's such an underrated hotel and it deserves the highest accolades, it really does.

Check in/check out was fast and fabulous and the staff were so helpful. I'd arrived at quite short notice and hadn't brought everything I needed - this didn't present any problem for the hotel who rallied to give me what I needed.

I was enchanted with the stairs that corkscrew around the ironwork-clad lift. A few gallops up and down those stairs and I was in the peak of physical fitness. My room was right at the top of the hotel with a balcony. I had the doors open whenever I was in my room, there's nothing so exciting at the sounds of the city at night and I swear that I can tell the difference from city to city.

On this trip I also developed a like for - and ultimate compulsion - for 'Prija' bathroom products and I still import them now.

I really miss working in France... one day I shall go back!

Room Tip: Choose a room a the very top of the hotel for the most magnificent views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Jenny T

Dear guest,

We deeply thank you for your comment and are delighted that you had an excellent stay in our establishment.

I shall not miss to transmit your message to my Team !
In the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Very modern feel in a great area of the city. Stayed here for a few nights during our honeymoon. It is close to the major train stations. We were lucky to have one of the preferred rooms with massive windows and a balcony onto the street. The room felt very spacious and it was nice to let the breeze in during the evenings. Has most of the modern amenities one would hope for - wifi (free for four hours, then you buy time packages after that), big clean bathroom, big bed, safe in the room for valuables, ipod dock. The hotel offers breakfast as part of the stay which we both appreciated. Right next door is an excellent 100-yr old restaurant. Easy access to the rest of the city. There was a lot to explore and this makes an excellent home-base.

Room Tip: Those rooms facing the front of the hotel (directly above the front door) have the best views and ba...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GregGordon428

Dear Guest,

I shall not miss to transmit your message to my Team !
In the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel!

Reviewed 22 May 2013

The Mercure Hotel in Lyon, France was a “dart board” internet pick for us. But what a nice surprise! It was perfect for our needs, and I would recommend it to all - if your needs were like ours. We were traveling south from Paris to Aix Provance, and we thought it fun to spend a night in Lyon. (a city thought by many to be a food capital of France) Sadly, it was a holiday and most of the restaurants were closed. The Hotel is by the new and the old train station, and the old one is converted into a fine restaurant right across the street. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The hotel is not in the center of things, but it’s on the metro line an d a ten minute ride to downtown. The town of Lyon is beautiful, immaculately clean, and a charmer on the Rhone River. Check out the many magnificent churches. The Basilica of Notre-Dame and the Cathedral of St. John – breathtaking – honest.

Room Tip: get a room at the top with a balcony accross from the old train station
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple