“Not bad at all” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #79 of 193 Hotels in Lyon
Sydney, Australia
“Not bad at all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Well located, cute little hotel in Lyon. Decent sized rooms (for France) which were clean and comfortable. Nice comfortable bed, and helpful, friendly staff.

It's not far from Lyon Part Dieu so if you get a train to Lyon, its about a 10 minute walk. Close to 3 subway stations (Brotteaux is only 2 mins) and with Lyon's great subway system you can be anywhere quickly.

Worth considering if you're going to Lyon - also only a 5 min walk to a great little wine shop called Les Vins Augagneur on Cours Vitton.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hueyoz
Paule D, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Brotteaux, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Customer,
Thank you very much for your positive comments !

I shall not miss to transmit them to my Team, which will be delighted to know that you have spent an excellent stay in our company.

Do not hesitate to return towards us, we shall be happy to welcome you again.
Paule DANIEL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
MADEIRA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

How the authorities can give this hotel 4 stars is beyond me. At almost 150€ a night it is exhorbitant for what I would describe as a "taudis" No restaurante, hand rail falling off the wall in the bathroom, dreadful carpet on the floor and on one wall. From the outsider the building looks great, but inside!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Paule D, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Brotteaux, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear customer,

We thank you for having taken time to announce us your comment.
We regret that you didn't appreciate our services, and are sincerely sorry about it.
In spite of all the care which we bring to return the pleasant stay of our customers, we aren't able to notice a dysfunction, and regret that you didn't announce to us it during your stay, we would have been able very certainly to remedy it.
Hoping nevertheless to have the pleasure to welcome you again.
Paule Daniel Directrice
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed in charming hotel two nights.
Hotel was in a great location close to the train station, historical places and big shopping center.
The managers were very friendly, provided useful information and perfect speaks English.
Room was very clean and the free wifi was good. Breakfast was exellent.
Would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Svetlana31
Paule D, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Brotteaux, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your positive comments !

We shall be happy to welcome you again in 2014...!

Cordialy.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very efficient hotel within a charming building. Good size rooms, very clean & well appointed.
The buildings opposite were beautiful & surrounded by historical streets/buildings. Nice little balcony. Efficient check-out.
Perhaps a little over-priced, carpets are a bit basic & not enough sound proofing.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the square
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hooray H
Paule D, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Brotteaux, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Customer,

We thank you for having taken time to send us your message.

It is always with the real pleasure that my Team, and I, let us discover very positive comments. They encourage us to maintain our efforts to satisfy always better our customers.
Still one thank you, and in the pleasure to welcome you again in our establishment.

Happy New Year 2014 !

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Very nice and romantic rooms. We got upgraded to privilege room for being platinum member. In privilege room u have drinks included and better pillows to sleep.

Super location close to train station and just across there are the bicycles to rent an amazing way to explore lyon.

Breakfast was ok. Choice could be bigger but its ok.

We can fully recommend this hotel and would come back ourself.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Howard H
Paule D, Directeur général at Mercure Lyon Centre Brotteaux, responded to this review, 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for having taken time to send us your message.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

When I worked in Lyon I had the opportunity to stay at the Mercure Lyon Brotteaux. It's such an underrated hotel and it deserves the highest accolades, it really does.

Check in/check out was fast and fabulous and the staff were so helpful. I'd arrived at quite short notice and hadn't brought everything I needed - this didn't present any problem for the hotel who rallied to give me what I needed.

I was enchanted with the stairs that corkscrew around the ironwork-clad lift. A few gallops up and down those stairs and I was in the peak of physical fitness. My room was right at the top of the hotel with a balcony. I had the doors open whenever I was in my room, there's nothing so exciting at the sounds of the city at night and I swear that I can tell the difference from city to city.

On this trip I also developed a like for - and ultimate compulsion - for 'Prija' bathroom products and I still import them now.

I really miss working in France... one day I shall go back!

Room Tip: Choose a room a the very top of the hotel for the most magnificent views.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Jenny T
Dear guest,

We deeply thank you for your comment and are delighted that you had an excellent stay in our establishment.

I shall not miss to transmit your message to my Team !
In the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.

Belmont, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Very modern feel in a great area of the city. Stayed here for a few nights during our honeymoon. It is close to the major train stations. We were lucky to have one of the preferred rooms with massive windows and a balcony onto the street. The room felt very spacious and it was nice to let the breeze in during the evenings. Has most of the modern amenities one would hope for - wifi (free for four hours, then you buy time packages after that), big clean bathroom, big bed, safe in the room for valuables, ipod dock. The hotel offers breakfast as part of the stay which we both appreciated. Right next door is an excellent 100-yr old restaurant. Easy access to the rest of the city. There was a lot to explore and this makes an excellent home-base.

Room Tip: Those rooms facing the front of the hotel (directly above the front door) have the best views and ba...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GregGordon428
Dear Guest,

I shall not miss to transmit your message to my Team !
In the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel!