“Good personnel, large room, family friendly, well located”

Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon
Ranked #40 of 194 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I had a nice stay alone for business and then with my family. The room are really large and well equipped. The personnel is very efficient and always happy to help. I really only see minor detail which could be improved (TV quality, cheaper internet access, cleaning powder for dish washer and maybe salt and pepper available in kitchen).

Room Tip: Take a room side of the hotel park (opposite as the town park). This will give you a balcony and avo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
AliAfshar, Directeur général at Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Warwick Reine Astrid for your stay in Lyon and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your family and mainly the facilities of our property. Be sure that your general comments have been taken in consideration. Your evaluation of various services and facilities is very much appreciated and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back for next visit in Lyon.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Large rooms and really good service quality.
All the rooms are really confortable including a kitchen.
I reaaly recomend this place I have been visiting several times in Lyon.

Dear Guillaume J,

I would like to thank you for this nice comment about the Warwick Reine Astrid and for having taken time to share your feedback with the Tripadvisor travellers. I’m glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and mainly the layout of our suite.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Warwick Reine Astrid for your next stay in Lyon,

Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Warwick Reine Astrid for 2 nights. When we checked in they didn't have anyone to help us with te luggage and they also didn't offer valet parking so you have to go park your car yourself. Our suite was huge. Had a bedroom, 1.5 bathrooms and a king size sofabed and a living/dining room. What bothered me the most is that the suite is for 5 people and they only had 2 sets of towels and 1 mini shampoo and one bath gel. When we called to ask for more towels we didn't get them until we called 3 times. The next day they didn't replenish the shampoo or soap. Location is not as bad as I thought it would be. It's only a 20-25 minute walk to the centre of Lyon. It's great if you have a larger family but the service is not 4 Stars. They have a very good breakfast buffet with great variety and fresh baguettes and croissants.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about our property with the Trip advisor travellers.

Your feedback is important for us in order to maintain and improve our level of services and standards. I read your remarks with great attention and I sincerely regret that we have not been able to exceed you expectations.
I‘ve well noted the point in regard of the amenities in the suite and the lack of services at your check in.

Please be sure that the satisfaction of our guest is our main preoccupation and should you give us another chance; I would be most than pleased to welcome you back and I invite you to contact me directly on this occasion.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

We are a family of four adultes. Therefore we booked one of the family-suites and were comfortely surprised to find a spacios appartement with full kitchen and separate WC, a huge living and cosy furnished.
About 15min walk it is to a great Brasserie (de L'Est) in an old transitionned trainstation near to the Gare Part Dieu. We walked from the hotel to all importand places in Lyon, but we also like to walk! For those who don't: There is a bus station just about in front of the hotel.The garage is somewhat narrow and dark especially if your car is a bit larger than the french average. However which skilled pilot doesn't like a challenge at times? We would return to this hotel defenitely.

Room Tip: The family-suites are spacios appartements.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear “Raweer”,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Warwick Reine Astrid for your stay in Lyon and sharing your experience with Trip Advisor travellers.
We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with your family and the facilities of our property with the layout of our large suite ( 77m²) and also the location just in front of the Tête d’Or Park and less than 15 mn from the main train station. Once again, thank you for your nice comments.
Hopefully, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Warwick Reine Astrid for your next stay in Lyon,

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I love returning to this hotel. The excellent staff are always welcoming and extremely helpful. Over the last 7 years I have used this hotel when on business in Lyon. On occassions when it is booked out, I have the opportunity to try another hotel, however I keep coming back to the Reine Astrid. Its large rooms, excellent staff, and quiet bar / restaurant make it a perfect place to relax after a long day. I especially like its proximity to the park. Such a beautiful place to walk early in the morning. This was the first time that I used the buffet breakfast. The scrambled eggs were perfect.

Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear “ Tony A”

I would like to thank you for this nice comment about the Warwick Reine Astrid, for your loyalty and for having taken time to share your feedback with tripadvisor travelers.

I’m glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Warwick Reine Astrid and mainly its location just in front of the Tête d’Or park and the layout of our suite. We thank you for your good comments in regard to the staff and the quality of breakfast specially the scrambled eggs.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Comfortable and spacious accomodation decorated with style. Real four star category with a cosy bar/restaurant garden, 20 minutes pleasant walk from city center. We have booked an appartment very well equpied, including kitchen, appropriate for families with children. I would definetely recommend and visit again

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Marius Enache,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Warwick Reine Astrid. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and many possibilities that offers our location and also the facilities of our property.

One again, thank you for your comments.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2012

The suite upgrade was fantastic and I wish I had a chance to really enjoy the space. The staff's service was excellent and their english skills were very good and they were willing to help you in "anglais". The restaurant is very good with a nice wine list and an excellent regional menu. Breakfast is also nicely prepared and served in the morning.

The property is located in a nice area of Lyon. You can walk to the expansive park and the surrounding neighborhoods. Check on the web for rates as they differed between hotel.com and Expedia. I was able to secure a very low rate during a very busy time in the city.

1  Thank PC_expat_in_AMS
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for this nice comment about your stay and I’m happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the Warwick Reine Astrid and our services such as our restaurant, our buffet breakfast and also the closeness with the beautiful Tête d’Or park. Thank you also for taking the time to make mention of the efficiency of our staff.

Regarding the rate on the different website, rest assured that the rates proposed are the same. For information, some website announce a lower rate due to the tax wich is not included. In order to have the best available rate and the reservation policy more flexible, I propose for your next stay to book through our website.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Warwick Reine Astrid for your next stay in Lyon,