“Feel like home”

Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon
Ranked #35 of 196 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was my second time La Reine Astrid, since it gives everything what I need. Big comfortable, silent, clean apartment, good breakfast, friendly staff. I could have a good dinner at the garden or in my apartment. The hotel is closed to the beautiful Parc tete d'or , but the down town can be reached by foot too. If you want to be spoiled and have something special dont miss this hotel if you stay in Lyon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 911Eva
WRA_Direction, Responsable commercial at Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your loyalty and for taking the time to share your positiv experience at the Warwick Reine Astrid.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed the size and the layout of the suite and also our prime location just in front of the beautiful Tête d’Or park.

Thank you also for nice comment about our Lounge restaurant and for mentioning the friendless of the reception staff. You can be sure that your nice comments have been shared with our team

It would be an honor to have you back with us at the Warwick Reine Astrid for your next stay in Lyon

The management

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at La Reine Astrid for three nights beginning on 5 May 2014. We opted for a Superior room on the garden (back) side of the hotel.
La Reine Astrid is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in, and I look forward to returning every opportunity I have. I have stayed at this hotel on dozens of occasions over the past two decades. Now 30-years-old, the hotel has been refurbished and is very comfortable and appealing. I understand that it was originally built as an apartment building, but was immediately converted to a hotel. The rooms are spacious (as apartments) and have separate bedrooms, full bathrooms, and tub and shower. For those accustomed to European hotels, you will be most impressed by the spaciousness. The rooms are very elegant and beautifully finished.
La Reine Astrid is located in a quiet, upscale residential neighbourhood. It is within a stone's throw of the famous Parc tete d'or and Interpol headquarters. Downtown Lyon is very walkable from the hotel, and the stroll along the river is delightful. The main train station, Part Dieu, is a 5-minute taxi ride away.
Staff at the hotel are always friendly, professional, and available to assist. There is a nice garden area at the back of the hotel, with access to a good bar and restaurant, Le Lounge.
In summary, I find it difficult to find any fault in any aspect of this hotel operation, and I wish to commend hotel management and staff alike.

Room Tip: Ask for Superior room, garden side, in refurbished section of hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FussyVacationers
WRA_Direction, Responsable relations clients at Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,

It’s always a huge pleasure when our clients let us know how much they appreciated spirit and service of our hotel. Taking care of our guest is the priority of the staff and they are grateful of all your good remarks. Thank you also for nice comment about our Lounge restaurant and for mentionning the friendless of the reception staff. You can be sure that your nice comments has been shared with our team

The management

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I go to Lyon, on business, once a year. The reason I keep going back to this hotel is because I find the staff extremely friendly & helpful, the appartment is very comfortable, cleaned daily, free Wifi, peaceful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank k0ala1966
AliAfshar, Directeur général at Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positiv experience at the Warwick Reine Astrid.

We thank you for your loyalty towards the Warwick Reine Astrid and I am pleased to read you enjoyed the quality of the hospitality, our service, our professional staff and the layout of the suite.

Please rest assured that your kind words will be shared with our whole staff.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in Lyon for your next stay.

Ali AFSHAR – General Manager,

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Many years ago I have lived a few years 100 metres away from this hotel. I know the area well, and I was amazed because on waking up on the first morning I went back to my usual chores for weekends: running in the park tete d'Or right across the street, having a coffee at the corner, buying a baguette and flowers for my wife.
But then the service for everything else was hotel-like.
The view over the park is magnificent, the underground parking very convenient, and the Metro is 2 minutes away.
I will stay with them again!

Room Tip: Upper floors for the view over the park and the hill
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
AliAfshar, Directeur général at Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear “Edigio69”,
I’m delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and I thank you for sharing your remarks with tripadvisor members. It’s a pleasure that we have been able to make you at home like when you use to live in Lyon. Being in front of our nice Parc La tête d'or is good point for runners, families and even the businessman who appreciate a nice walk after a long day of work. For your next stay with us, I invite you to visit our website to discover our very attractive packages. It would be an honor to have you back with us at the Warwick Reine Astrid maybe at the summer time in order to take advantage of the terrace and garden !
Ali AFSHAR

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I managed to book a premium suite for €104 a night, compared to the €350 it normally is. I stayed for 2 weeks. The rooms are very large, the decor is a little dated but it was very comfortable. The bed was one of the best I've had in a hotel. The room was cleaned every day which was nice. The staff at the hotel were all very nice and helpful. The breakfast was a little expensive at €20 a night so I didn't eat there every day, however it was exceptionally nice. I would definitely come again if I could get the same room rate.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank James B

Dear « James B »,
Thank you so much for your nice review with Tripadvisor’s travelers. I’m glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and mainly the layout of our suite with its bedding quality. It’s always a real pleasure when our clients let us know how much they appreciated spirit and service of our hotel. Taking care of our guest is the priority of the staff and they are grateful of all your good remarks. For your next stay with us, I invite you to visit our website to discover our very attractive packages including buffet breakfast. It would be an honor to have you back with us at the Warwick Reine Astrid.
Ali AFSHAR

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We've used the hotel three times. At this time we stayed five nights. It has wide living&dining room and kitchen. So it's good for self- cooking. But I know the restaurant is also very nice. The location is also nice. Because big beautiful park is close to the hotel. You can go for a walk in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hitoshi2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positiv experience at the Warwick Reine Astrid and for your loyalty.

It’s always a huge pleasure when our clients let us know how much they appreciated spirit and service of our hotel. Taking care of our guest is the priority of the staff and they are grateful of all your good remarks. Thank you also for nice comment about our Lounge restaurant.

It would be an honor to have you back with us at the Warwick Reine Astrid for your next stay.

Ali AFSHAR – General Manager,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed three nights in Lyon for work, and stayed at the Reine Astrid. Rooms were lovely and big ... kitchen a little dated but very roomy. Staff were exceptional and very helpful / friendly. Everyone speaks English (of course). Rack rates high but very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JenniferCollings
AliAfshar, Directeur général at Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Mrs Collings,

What a pleasure to read your comment posted from Aussie on the Gold Coast. We are definitely happy that our large suites met your expectations during your stay in Lyon. Our aim is to provide a high quality of service and that is the reason why we place your satisfaction at first. For your next stay do not hesitate to visit our website and benefit from our special package offering interesting rates when you book in advance. We are looking forward to welcoming you for a leisure stay maybe.

Ali AFSHAR - General Manager