All reviews living room beautiful park full kitchen fridge freezer small kitchen breakfast buffet separate toilet old town city centre stayed here for nights junior suite hotel is located public transport parc apartment lounge balconies
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Arrived here late in the evening so we all just wanted to head to the room. The check in staff was very polite and helpful! explained everything we needed to know and even helped us get logged onto the wifi which is a little long winded. we headed to the bar as this was about to close but managed to get a couple of rounds in, again staff was very helpful and polite. Only down side was the price, a little expensive. we was blown away by the size of the rooms and the fact we had our own kitchen! main beds are big and comfy but the single pull up one are a little small and uncomfy. breakfast was very nice and tasty but a shame there is nothing more on offer like more hot food. id certainly stay here again if in lyon.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Jerome_Billy, Directeur général at Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear bishbashbosh88,

Thank you for sharing your impression about your recent stay with us.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that the size and layout of your room played a role in your satisfaction.
Our rooms are indeed real apartments with a fully equipped kitchen.
I am also glad that you appreciated our buffet breakfast, and we took note of your remarks about the lack of choice of hot dishes. You comment will be transmit to the catering service and study with attention to improve our quality of services.

I would like to thank you to highlight the kindness and professionalism of my collaborators, who are dedicated to offer you the most excellent and pleasant stays.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon,

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Great place for families. Rooms are very big, kitchen included. Kids can play in the garden while parents can take a drink at the nice bar. Very close located to Lyon's famous parc which is worth a visit when you visit Lyon.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Jerome_Billy, Directeur général at Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear ulfmertens,

Thank you for choosing the Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon and having taken the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor members.

I am pleased to read that you appreciated the size and amenities of your suite, and that you took advantage of the convenience of the fitted kitchen.

I am also delighted that you and your family have benefited from our beautiful garden. It is true that the terrace is ideal to relax while keeping an eye on the children who are playing!

We really have the chance to be a stone's throw from the great Parc de la Tête d'Or. It is one of the major tourist attractions of Lyon, especially with family!

It would be a pleasure for us to have you back with us for your next trip in France.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

It is so difficult to find a hotel for a family with 3 children but the warwick offered us not only one room together but with so much space that we were all very comfortable and it made our weekend in Lyon even better. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear j0w5,

Thank you so much for this warm comment, I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay at Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon!

Our suites from 35 to 90 m² offer the greatest comfort to our guests.
Their layout and especially the equipped kitchen is ideal for families like yours. As you have said, everyone has enough space for the convenience of all.

We will be delighted to welcome you and your family for your next stay in Lyon.

Regards,

Jérôme Billy – General manager

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Stayed here for 7 days for a work assignment. The hotel is located within a nice area however eating establishments are not extremely close. The hotel does have it's own restaurant, however please note that it is closed on week-ends. The suites are very spacious and contain most amenities. One problem are for me was the kitchenette. The supplies were very limited. I had to ask for tea and dishwasher cleaning powder almost every day. The maid staff never seemed to have any. They regularly told me that they were out. On two occasions I went downstairs and got tea bags from the bar area myself which they did provide. I only had one cooking pot and one cooking utensil. I asked for a skillet and they said they didn't have any more. they did bring me another pan. I broke a water glass and asked for a replacement. It never arrived during my stay. These little attention to details mean a lot to a hotel guest. The bed was very comfortable and the suites met my needs with the exception of the items mentioned. The furnishings are starting to show their age and could use some updating. The desk clerks were really good without exception. All were helpful and friendly, especially to a first timer in the city. It almost seemed as though the hotel didn't quite have enough operational expense money, but that was only my perception. I plan a return trip and I certainly would give this hotel another chance to impress. The room price was a decent value given all considerations.

Room Tip: Rear rooms face the courtyard and will be a little more quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank NMandBeyond
Jerome_Billy, Directeur général at Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Dear "NMandBeyond",

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review after your stay at the Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon.
The advice of our guests is a real source of motivation and helps us improve every day.

As you mentioned, our restaurant is closed on weekends. However our establishment offers cold plates to guests on Saturday or Sunday. If you would like to dine in the restaurant, our reception team will be pleased to advise you on a selection of establishments that can be easily reached by public transport or by foot.

I have taken note of your comments regarding the equipment and supplies of the suite. Be aware that they are taken into consideration in order to maintain our level of excellence. I am sorry to read that we have not fully met all your expectations.

Finally, I thank you for having noted the professionalism and friendliness of my collaborators. We are committed to doing our utmost to offer our guests the most pleasant stay.

We will be delighted to welcome you again for your next stay in Lyon, the opportunity to make you a better impression!

Best Regards,

Jérôme Billy - General Manager

Reviewed 26 February 2017

We really enjoyed staying here for 2 nights during the summer of 2016. The hotel is located right beside the Parc de la Tete D'or and your stay in Lyon will not be complete without visiting the park.There is a bus stop right in front of the hotel making it very easy to commute by bus to and from the hotel.
The room/apartment we stayed in was spacious and clean, and allowed for self catering. Though the hotel and the room appliances are not modern, they were functional.
The hotel staff were polite and helpful.
Overall, good value and pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Joshua I
Jerome_Billy, Directeur général at Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear “Joshua I”,

This is such a pleasure for us to read your positive comments and I’m glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Warwick Reine Astrid - Lyon.

We are very lucky to be located in front of the beautiful Parc de la Tête d’Or. It’s one of the biggest European urban park and it’s really appreciated by our customers thanks to its activities for children and adults (train, lake, free zoo, playgrounds, tropical greenhouse …).
As you mentionned, the city center is also at only a few minutes away from our establishment by public transport, which is very convenient to discover all the attractions of Lyon.
I’m glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and mainly the layout of our suite (from 35 to 90sqm) with its equipment.
Finally, I would like to sincerely thank you for mentioning the kindness and professionalism of my team! It is a real pleasure to transmit your comment!

I look forward to welcoming you back among us for your next trip in Lyon,