Hotel Axotel Lyon Perrache
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness centre
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsbuy ticketspublic transportlyon perrachetea coffeerooms are smallquiet streetexcellent breakfastbreakfast roomold townbusiness tripcomfortable bedtramstationcentreconfluencecity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2008

My husband and I are seasoned travellers and stay at many of the great hotels in the world and we put This Hotel into this group after staying there recently.

The hotel is great ! good location, good atmosphere, good staff

I decided to book the hotel long time ago and almost changed the hotel after read a few comments here about the hotel's refurbishment. I m glad that I didnt change the hotel. I stayed at the historical wing and my mom stayed at the opera wing. We did not see any big problem with such refurbishment.

Problem is probably at the check-in and check-out process. It may take 20-30 minutes at the peak time (around noon).

Last but not least, if you plan to stay this Hotel, it was a great idea to have an Accor card. I

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ColinBC
Reviewed 21 August 2006

I was booked into the hotel for one night as part of a company wide trip.

Plus points:
Very nice reception area.
Clean, thoughtfully decorated, compact rooms.
Excellent shower.

Things to consider:
It's fair walk from the town centre and the old quarter - it took us about 25 mins. Although it is near the SNCF station which may be convenient for some travellers.

I would recommend a taxi at night as the area isn't the best. We took one after dinner in Lyon centre and it cost 11 Euros.

Generally I had a very nice stay here. The hotel has a pleasant feel about it.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank RachelC
Reviewed 15 August 2005

i stayed at htis hotel and thought it looked ok for the price. the staff were very cool... theres a hottie thats doesnt speak english , shes is hot!! i asked her name but i forgot, ...however going back to the review...the staff were cool, the facilities were just as cool. I just thought they didnt know how to pour pints like we do here in London, but they were cool. I will surelygo back to this hotel. they were so nice.....i just wish it was closer to the main square..but i give my thumbs up for this hotel!!

plus its close to the bus station that takes you to the airport!!! cool!!!

Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank ron4U
A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 28 July 2005

I stayed here for a weekend in Lyon and was not thrilled, but for the price I paid ($33/a night - they were having a special) I guess I can't complain. The room was extremely small but clean, although it was almost too hot to sleep. The TV only had French and German channels, which I thought was a little strange. The room was cleaned well every day. Breakfast in the basement is free, but you get what you pay for. The staff is moderately helpful. Their disinterest paid off though when I was able to sneak two of my friends into the room to stay with me, no questions asked. There's a "bar" and "lounge" downstairs which consists of a pool table that costs 2 euros per round. Really the worst thing about this place is the location, which is about a 10 minute walk from the Perrache train station. IMPORTANT: when you exit the Perrache train station you MUST take the Cours Charlemagne exit or you will end up in a very unsafe part of the town right next to the jail.

• Stayed: July 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 August 2004

WE stayed recently at this hotel. As it was during August the restaurant wasnt open, but the menu looked fantastic.

We payed for a privilege room, which was quite small, although clean and comfortable. It had a portable fan, but as the weather was reasonably humid, the room was very warm during the day, and at night.

Location wise, it is about 5 minutes walk to Perrache train station- there are other hotels which are closer though.

The breakfast was very disappointing. Many of the dairy products were at room temperature and looked like they may have been sitting out for a while. There were also quite a lot of flies hovering around the bread products- not great for EUR8, when you can get fresh croissants and great coffee nearby for a few euros

• Stayed: August 2004