We have stayed in the Ibis hotel in Malaga on a couple of occasions and were therefore expecting and quite happy with the functional ‘offering’ of the chain. We were in room 415 which has no view but suited us as we’d asked for a quiet room. Check-in was friendly and efficient and the room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. Others may not appreciate the pared-down nature of the toiletries (an all-in-one shower / hand / shampoo gel dispensed from a container in the shower and next to the basin) so remember to bring your own shower-cap and body lotion. Again, as this is our experience of the chain, we were well prepared.
Less parsimonious was the breakfast buffet which was good, plentiful, varied and tasty. Additionally we didn’t have to queue for a table, which is always welcomed.
My husband found the staircase and is an architectural gem, well worth seeking out and using; so all-in-all the hotel scored well in itself.
The less favourable bit was the neighbouring area. The Brasserie Georges next door certainly merits a visit, particularly if you like to eat the bits of the pig that we don’t tend to do nowadays (and they do more normal pork cuts, other meats and fish too). Furthermore, they brew their own beer. The hotel is also very close to Peracche station so is handy for trains, trams and buses. However, there are rough-sleepers and clusters of youths hanging around the vicinity of the hotel which give the feeling of vague menace. This was a slight problem as to walk into the centre of Lyon meant passing them. I’m normally pretty relaxed about this kind of thing but there were less well-lit and hidden from view spots that made me more aware of and alert to my surroundings.
So whilst I could recommend the hotel to family and friends who are street smart, I may be reluctant to do so to those who are less prepared for the seedier side of life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ibis Lyon Centre Perrache is located in the city center, 5 minutes' walk from Place Bellecour, Old Lyons and the new Confluence district, and adjacent to the famous Brasserie Georges. Located at the junction of the Paris/Marseilles highways and close to Perrache train station, the hotel offers 123 air-conditioned and fully-renovated rooms, free WIFI, CCTV-monitored public car park 55 yds (50 m) away and spaces reserved for coaches in front of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Lyon Centre Perrache reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Lyon Centre Perrache Hotel Lyon
- Accor Lyon Centre Perrache