Hotel Lyon Metropole
US$211
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
1,234 results
All reviewstennis courtsoutdoor poolsports facilitiesthe riverjourney takesresort hotelamazing spafamily apartmentgreat facilitiesthe main hotelsteam roomgood sizesouth of franceold towncity centrewould stay againbed was comfortable
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I loved this place, our room had a great view which was nice and the food was pretty good too, but this place is all about the pool!

Me and my BF stayed here on our way to Marseilles and it was fantastic! apparently the largest pool in france, it looks like a beach & there were tons of people lounging round it... super cool place.

There is also a REALLY cool spa pool, which was super hot and has jets that push you round a maize type arrangement with all sorts of treatment tubs off of it... it difficult to describe, but it was one of the coolest pools I have ever seen! Even the BF loved it & he is not one for spas usually!

I will definitely go back! 10 out of 10!

Room Tip: we had a view of the pool at the back, the front must be the river, so all good!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Jennifer,

Your review is a pleasure for us.
Your satisfaction is our best source of motivation. All my Team is joining me to thank you for sharing that with us.

We hope to have the chance of welcoming you back very soon.

Warm Regards,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I've been there for business and had a good experience. I like the location, not downtown but in 10 mins driving from old and new city center. This solves one of the issues in downtown: screaming for a parking after 10+ hours of work is not the best approach to the evening. While parking in a big enough parking lot, on the river, and walk in a quite good premises, and chill in your - not big but good level- room is a different story.Add to this also a dive in the SPA (best part of the hotel on top of everything else) with indoor/outdoor pools with jacuzzi and sauna. You have also tennis courts but I do not know how the usage works honestly. Wifi free of charge in room. In the end the price is not cheap but for the level of the offer being in lyon is one of the best deal I experienced.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our establishment and our services .
I hope to welcome you back to the property very soon for your next trip.

Kind regards,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I didn't stay at the hotel but I did patronize the spa and it is top notch. I searched and searched on Trip Advisor for the spa named "Spa Lyon Plage." http://www.lyon-plage.com/. I couldn't find it and I kept getting directed to the hotel site. It's the same address and part of the same building. Not sure if it's owned by the hotel or if it's leased to another company to run, but it's in the Hotel Lyon Metropole complex. The hotel looked very appealing as I entered, and the front desk staff were quite friendly in directing me to the spa. Everyone spoke good English. It's really kind of a mixed blessing that the spa isn't listed separately. If it was listed separately I'm sure the place would be packed as there's nothing like it that I've found in Lyon. The fact it wasn't packed made it very comfortable, especially on a Tuesday afternoon. If I was the owner I'd be separating the two out so people could comment on the hotel and then the spa. If you go to the spa link above, you'll see all of the services they have. It's excellent and there were plenty of friendly staff on hand. I used the pools, Jacuzzi's, the sauna (men and women are separate), the Hammam (men and women together), the flotation cabin and a 30 minute massage. It was all excellent. I get massage all over the world as I travel and my massage by Morgan was well worth it. I live in Lyon and have tried a number of spas. Nothing compares. Much to my surprise it was within walking distance from my flat in a direction I had never gone before. It was right under my nose. I will definitely go back and even took a flyer on an annual membership. It was recommended to me by a friend and now I'm recommending it to you.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert S
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Robert,

Thank you for the nice comment.
It is always a pleasure for us when we have Guests spending good time over the property.
The Spa is effectively part of the Hotel but we do also great external Members. Same for our bar & restaurant where a lot of people from Lyon are coming quiet often especially during the summer time with our beautiful outside terrace.

The outdoor pool will be open starting May the 19th. It will be a pleasure for us to great you as an annual Member!

Hope to have the chance to meet you soon.

Best regards,

Assistant Manager – Hotel Lyon Metropole

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights with a friend. First reaction, yes, the hotel is on the outskirts but then I had done my homework and knew that so not a problem, as this place is great value and ideal for a weekend or short break. The room was out of the hotel in an annex; brand new, along with a kitchenette. Had I known there was a kettle, I'd have brought some tea! (although friendly service gave us some from the breakfast area). The mattresses were so good and we had such an excellent sleep, I even asked at reception the make of their beds (rare!) Spa and sports facilities are top-notch - for this reason I'd love to return with the family in the same type of room. They would love the gigantic pools. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ensure you are in the annex, not in the hotel. Although when we stayed in November 2013, we were told they would be renovating soon, so check first.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Madam,

I would like to sincerely thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us.
It’s a pleasure to read your satisfaction of our residence.

I hope having the pleasure to see you again.

Kind regards,

Assistant manager

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Yes some rooms are new and renovated and actually very nice.. The old ones are horrible !!
Avoid the old ones at all cost !!!
And yes the hotel is nice if u like to use the gym/spa/pool.. But the hotel is not for tourists who wants to explore Lyon, or for anyone who just likes to get out at night...

It is sooo far from the city.. And there is nothing around.. no shops, no restaurants.. its like being stuck in the middle of nowhere...
There is a bus going to the city in like 30 min.. not as fast as they said at the reception... and it feels like forever...
And be careful at evening the bus only runs every 75 min.. HORRIBLE !!!
so the only other option is an expensive taxi !
I will go somewhere else next time..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SebastianHH
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Sir,

In a first time we want to thank to you for your stay.

I’m really sorry to read our hotel don’t answer in your expectations.
Our establishment are located in a part of Lyon, highly prized by people who want to live a moment of relaxation in a green environnement, by being a few kilometers from the movement of the city.

I hope we leave the chance to welcome you once again for a relaxing stay.

Best regards