“Four stars...In your dreams!!!”

Hotel Lyon Metropole
Ranked #17 of 194 Hotels in Lyon
Tokyo
“Four stars...In your dreams!!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Hotel Unders construction, very noisy from 08:00, noise so loud can't even make a phone call!! Room too old, the emtired hotel must be refurbished. Everything in this hotel i from the 70's.... looks like nothing has been changed since then. Very unconveniente location. Anyway that's not a for stars all all.
I could get the next day a better price at Lyon Hilton...no comment! You can get much better in Lyon for the same price.
Since service, kind staff. Go there for the pool but don't sleep in that place.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Lyon, France
Reviewed 12 August 2010

It says it all. Booked with lastminute - described as a pool view room. Instead it was a front view room with scaffolding - and the airconditioning was not working and neither was it possible to open the windows. The receptionist did her best - but the whole experience is a shocker!

First time I have ever reviewed a hotel! I think the pool is the highlight, but thats about it. Does anyone think I can get my money back from lastminute?

I am sure that lot of the positive comments for this hotel are made up by agents or something!

Vip.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Vipster_10
New York City
Reviewed 12 August 2010

The hotel is under construction. Want a room beneath the scaffolding? Those are the ones that are available--and the work begins at 8 am! Enjoy your vacation!

No air conditioning. Those little boxes in the rooms? Just for show. And yes, the windows are all locked, because of the construction!

Four stars? In your dreams!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 9 August 2010

The hotel was very highly reviewed on many sites and the pictures looked amazing. We stayed there over a weekend in August and chose it primarily for the pool and spa.
Overall it is a nice hotel though there is lack of attention to detail.
The first impression was a bit weird because we arrived by taxi late at night and as we approached, we really thought that the hotel was closed! The facade is pretty old and all the lights were switched off so momentarily we thought it was a joke. The lobby is pretty unimpressive and we decided to have a drink at the bar before going to bed. The lobby/restaurant has this old looking leather chairs, feels like it was stuck in the 1960s.
The room was nice, the bathroom was brand new and had nice products and fluffy towels and bathrobes. The only bad thing was the total lack of decoration, I am not the one for ornate stuff but even a poster would have been ok. There was also a flat screen tv but rather small for the size of the room. We also had a very nice patio overlooking the pool area and the hills of Lyon, not bad at all.
The pool is very nice indeed, olympic size with lots of chairs around it, they could have improved the service in terms of food and drinks. I think you were able to get some drinks at the pool but you had to get up and go inside the cafe, not really useful.
There is a restaurant on site that specialized in seafood, we did not eat there but the food looked good. The prices at the bar/cafe at the lobby were a bit off the charts but I was more bothered by the lack of selection rather than the price.
The service was alright, I speak some French so we did not have any problems though I am sure of their ability to speak English. I had a bit ticked off that they tried to charge me for breakfast while I had never been there and I had booked it through spledia and there was a bit of a difference in the final price though I did not really make a big deal out of it.
The hotel is indeed in the outskirts of the city but the bus stop is right in front of the hotel and it was easy to get to the city. It was pleasant to be able to come back to the hotel and chill by the pool. Overall, it was a nice experience but it did not live up to my expectations, granted it belongs to the Word Hotels, it just needs a bit more renovation in the entrance and the outside of the hotel, to be fair though, I believe they are renovating the facade.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Pune
Reviewed 11 June 2010

As soon as I entered this hotel in the middle of the night I said wow!!....... this place is very cozy, nice and lean.

I was coming from Casa and stayed at Lyon Metropole for 2 nights on business & conference. I ordered a taxi to pick me up from the airport, the taxi reached on time and took me directly to the airport. Approx 40 mins traveling time.

The night staff at the reception was very friendly and quickly checked me in with all support. He ensures I can go to room soon to relax.

The hotel is popular with sports lovers, it has amazing swimming pool, terrace tennis courts and other sports activities. The food is great (though, I didn't like the breakfast). They can make breakfast little bit more classy, there were not many items to choose from.

The rooms were clean, internet was fast and overall experience was great.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
lyon
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I travel over the whole world, and I am used to luxury hotels and restaurants,
We just finished our sport session, and went to the bar for a coffee and thee,
I have no other comments, just have a look at the picture I joinded.
2 euros coffee
7.50 euros for a thee ! I have never seen this before !!!!! even in the biggest Palace in monaco !!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
Reviewed 18 March 2010

I didn't stay at this hotel. However, I have to be there on regular occassion as my senior colleague stayed there during our trip to Lyon. The hotel is located in an excellent location with view from the river and hills. The facilities are also excellent with a free access to th SPA. The room has a lawn in front which adds to the comfort and allows to take view of the excellent location.

The hotel staff were extremely friendly. They were always ready to come to the help. I myself will stay at this hotel next time I come to Lyon and would recommend others to do so.

Stayed March 2010, travelled on business