“Outstanding hotel and location”

Hotel Carlton Lyon - MGallery Collection
Ranked #3 of 194 Hotels in Lyon
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Bloomfield, Michigan, USA
“Outstanding hotel and location”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This hotel met and exceeded our expectations in all areas and I will definitely stay there again and recommend to all my friends who travel to Paris. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The location was perfect for us to travel to the museums and restaurants we wanted to visit. Our room was splendid -the bed was super comfortable, the bathroom was large for a European hotel and the shower had lots of pressure and the water was hot! What more can you ask for?!

2 Thank DLM575

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel is ideally located and I would stay here again. The staff are great and all speak very good English which is rare in France. The rooms are a little small and of course like most European hotels are over-priced but we really enjoyed this place.

Something they may like to add - a clock of some sort - couldn't tell the time without turning on the TV. Otherwise this is a great place.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I've traveled around the world for business, but few hotels compare to this one. What makes it stand out? The charm and warmth of the staff. From the moment I arrived (with ridiculous amounts of luggage), the staff greeted me with open arms and helped carry whatever I needed. The check-in process was met with many smiles, and the entire staff was very proud of the new renovations (which look excellent). One staff member personally escorted me to my room then quickly brought up my belongings. I told him that I was interested in room service, and even though the kitchen was closed, he made a delicious cheese platter for me on his own! Later that night I ordered the Artists Salad, which was beautifully presented and overall delicious. The room was warm and charming and the bed was super comfy. There was also a lovely terrace overlooking the city - truly beautiful.

The next day the concessions kept coming! The staff saw that my team and I needed a place to work and arranged for us to have a private board room. They even let us order room service there (which was against house rules!). When my keycard stopped working, they immediately brought another. And when we needed cabs for the following day, the ordered them without hesitation.

The best surprise? When I got to the airport I realized I'd left a bag in the taxi. I called the hotel (they had ordered the cab) and they immediately called the driver. I was fortunate to get my bag back, but it wouldn't have been possible without Hotel Carlton!

Honestly, this upscale hotel has managed to make people feel special and welcome, even while serving hundred of guests. I look forward to returning!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Zurich, Suisse
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Great hotel in the middle of Lyon, well schooled staff, nice touches like the double-double glazing that keeps the rooms quiet. Perfect for week end or business trip. Price? Well, we were using loyalty points so did not really care...

2 Thank norber44
Paris, France
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Lovely hotel, entirely redone, with a very friendly and helpful staff. Nice rooms, rather chic, with roomy and lovely bathrooms. They did a very nice remodel. The hotel is perfectly situated between the two main places in Lyon, and it was very easy to access Vieux Lyon.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Alex S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Based on previous experiences of the brand, and the facts that this hotel has only just reopened after a full refurbishment and that it has been upgraded from Mercure to M-Gallery, I had high expectations of the Carlton Lyon. Although I paid a very low promotional rate (Quais du Polar weekend deal), I received a room upgrade thanks to my gold Le Club Accor card. The room was twice the size of a standard "cozy" room, and was in pristine condition, possibly never occupied before. Many original features remain, but windows are now quadruple glazed and the room was fully soundproofed. The bed could not have been more comfortable, just like the Sofitel "My Bed" concept.

We had a Nespresso machine and the latest very thin LCD TV, and the bathroom fittings were all spotless, as you'd expect just after a refit. Quality Cinq Mondes Spa toiletries.

All staff were impeccably attentive and perfectly groomed and polite, although I did have to request the complimentary drink that I was entitled to as a gold card holder. The hotel bar is very stylish and well worth a visit before going out for dinner. No restaurant, but this is a boutique hotel in the centre of Lyon, so that really isn't a problem. I would not hesitate to recommend the Carlton Lyon.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Edward R
Donaueschingen, Germany
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The hotel is located in a great location and completed its renovation end of February, I was the first guest for the assigned room and I was positively surprised by the new touch. The quality of the bed and sound isolation is very good, I would definetly recommend this hotel for a private and or business trip. The hotel doesn´t have its own restaurant however there is a marvellous grill next door and different attractions at walking distance.
Reception, weitress and room service were excellent and I would definetly recommend this hotel.
The only minus is for the room size, nice but not excellent for the Stars. Furniture are new and "different" for my personal taste the TV are not matching the furniture they hand on but all in all a great hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business