“Beautiful hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
ATHENS, GREECE
“Beautiful hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Great hotel...beautiful room.....amazing, friendly, helpful staff.....the best location! We stayed for 3 nights and we had a wonderful time! The location of Carlton Hotel in the heart of Lyon, couldn't be better! We loved the town and because i am sure that we are going to come again, we are definitely to stay at gorgeous Carlton Hotel!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but the ones with a view are perfect!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank IZABELA S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco Bay Area, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed at the Carlton in June because my regular hotel was not available. I liked it so much that I chose it again for my July trip (canceling my previously booked hotel). The location is perfect, right in the middle of the central district. This hotel has recently been remodeled, the rooms are clean, bright, and relatively quiet. My first stay was with my daughter and we had double room, which was large and spacious with a small balcony. (room 310). My next stay was a classic room, a bit smaller with a window that opens but no balcony. (room 211). Small rooms are the norm in France and the size was as expected.

The hotel staff are very helpful, friendly and outgoing. The hotel has a small bar off the lobby, and one of the better breakfasts in the Salle a Manger (buffet breakfast and eggs cooked to order!). There is no main restaurant, but next door is Le Centre by Georges, a 4 star restaurant that also provides room service meals for the Carlton. Absolutely fantastic food, and you MUST try the salted caramel creme eclair, best thing I ate in France!

I will continue to return to the Carlton, my new favorite Lyon hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank PBspecial
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

This hotel has been recomended to us by friends and we were happy to enjoy the great hotel and perfect location !

We stayed only one night having a special offer for a Cosy double bed room with breakfast included.
Staff was very friendly and helpfull in answering our various tourist questions.

Perfect hotel location just in front of "Printemps" and in the same building as "Sephora".
Shopping area of "Boulevard de la République" is just in front of the hotel. All restaurants and bars are few minutes walk. Le Parking de la République is just next to the hotel (we paid around EUR 50.- for 24h...). Breakfast was served in a very nice service room, a lot of choice of fresh juices and different kind of food. Wifi is free and works well, only thing is that you need to re-connect each time, but this was not an issue.Very clean and modern hotel with very friendly staff, we will return again and will recomend this hotel to our friends & familly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank melissas78us
Dimmi78
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and used it as a base to explore the Lyon region. The hotel room was very tastefully decorated (quite modern) and spacious. The location was perfect and is located very close the a public car park within 2 mins walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Ok guys, we need a little luxury along the way. It won't break the budget to do it. At an excellent price I was upgraded to a large room with a view of old Lyon. The lights were gorgeous at night. The huge breakfast was included as well. It was fun to have a big screen television as well as an espresso maker and a luxurious bathtub. As stated before, the area is perfect. My car was parked and picked up in a flash. The price was worth it. Make your lady, and yourself happy.

Room Tip: When I booked this room, I asked if I could have a view. Just be polite and if they can upgrade, the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nellie5
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

The hotel staff here made me feel very welcome and were always able to help me with my daily questions - one of the staff made a point of personally saying goodbye to me in the street after I had checked out and was about to get into my taxi, I wish I had gotten his name to tell his manager just how kind he was.

The room was perfect, the shower a welcoming sight for tired, sore feet after walking throughout the city all day - 5 days in a row. The shower was like a spa in itself!

Perfectly situated by a carousel, beautiful food market, tourist attractions and great shopping. A very safe neighbourhood and within walking distance to everything. Quiet in the evenings which means a great night's rest.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a home away from home.

Room Tip: For a more scenic view ask for a room that faces the carousel. I had one that faced the side street...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo