Hotel Carlton Lyon - MGallery Collection
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
1,521 results
All reviewsplace de la republiquegreat locationold townm gallerycozy roomexcellent hoteldinner reservationsfront desk staffwithin walking distancesmall balconyhotel is centrally locatedthe hotel staffbreakfast roomloved this hotelshopping areatwo nightsjunior suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The staff at the hotel is very friendly and the hotel itself is very clean. We had a room facing the square with the carousel which was nice but very small. For me what was lacking was in the details. Although every thing was clean and well kept we only had 1 towel in our room and there was no lotion in the bathroom either. Breakfast was crowded and not that great to be honest and although you can opt to have it in your room I am not sure where you would actually eat it at unless you have a large room. We also arranged a late checkout and the front desk but of course our cards didn't work to let us in the room. Also service in the bar is very slow, which was something my father in law warned me about. So although my experience wasn't horrible it was just average. We only stayed here because my in-laws were staying here for work and made it rather convenient to stay in the same place.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeattleMeimei
Reviewed 23 August 2014

A colleague and I spent 8 nights here on a business trip. It was more than we even hoped for. Our room faced the lovely Place de la Republique, and we could faintly hear the very French accordion music emanating from the charming old carousel. So atmospheric. Our bathroom was extra large - who expects a hotel bathroom to have floor to ceiling French windows that open onto a balcony overlooking a square? The service was great, the staff extremely pleasant and helpful. The lounge does a wonderful lime rose cocktail. The details everywhere were a joy to behold - the art nouveau lift, the stained glass, the chandeliers... The free wifi was a blessing, as was the AC, and the beds were very comfortable. The locale is hard to beat. We avoided having breakfast in the busy dining room, opting instead to sit at various cafés in the squares nearby. There is room in the fridge for your own juice and milk. A suggestion (many have mentioned the limited storage) would be to add a couple of hooks behind the bathroom door - a small change that would make a huge difference. Two of us on an 8 day business trip meant storage was a little challenging. But with all the positives this is a very minor issue. I will definitely come back here if in Lyon. Superbe!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Trakette
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Whether you are in Lyon for pleasure or business, this hotel is great. You can walk everywhere or just a short bus ride to places such as Convention Center. Great breakfasts and a helpful barman! In fact all the staff were terrific. The only disappointing thing was no iron/ironing board in the room and took 16 hours to get one and it wasn't great when it arrived! I think a hotel of this standard should include these items in each room. I did find the air conditioner rattled when I first got there but that issue was dealt with swiftly which I really appreciated. Thank you to all the staff at Hotel Carlton.

Room Tip: I chose a superior room for that extra space.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Fletch43
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a great stay at this hotel. Great room, great staff, great location. Most comfortable bed I've ever slept in too!

It was right near some wonderful restaurants and a short stroll to the river where we were able to have a lovely picnic in the sun.

The staff were really friendly and helpful even though we spoke no French.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sharon K
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Had a great one nights stay in this hotel and wished we had more time in Lyon and at The Hotel Carlton Lyon! Stayed in room 223 which was big and lovely...great bed as well and fantastic Breaky.Great staff and location. Loved Lyon, Loved this hotel and can wait to come back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple