1,600 results
All reviews train station rhone express old town separate toilet part dieu train travellers large flat screen tv excellent hotel public transport room was large double windows privilege room main station mini fridge king bed business district convenient location
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I can see why this place garnered so many positive reviews - decent 4* hotels in France are, in my experience, few and far between. It's all nicely (if garishly) decorated and has the brand new carpet smell running through. Service was friendly and helpful, the food way better than we expected, and the room was spacious and had all we needed.

On the negative side it really isn't an ideal location for tourists visiting Lyon. I prefer not to use public transport when on holiday (who wants all the hassle and wasted time?) and the walk into the historic centre is 30 minutes of sheer dreary, drudgery. If we visit Lyon again we'd go elsewhere. Having said that, I imagine it's very convenient for business travel.

Just one last point for the hotel management - buy some decent pillows!

3  Thank Ctephen
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Can't complain. Rooms are great, service is great, location is great. Huge flatscreen tv and amazing bath rooms. Comfortable beds.

Only negatives were: 1) No low pillows available (only high) and 2) the price, 109 Euro with no breakfast in low season is pretty pricy.

1  Thank Biff-Maja
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed 2 nights. Drove into Lyon with flight out. Had a Europcar. Return location was perfect for auto return and Rhone Express for airport was across the street. Rooms were great and very quiet even though we overlooked the train station. Rooms very clean and personnel very helpful.

Room Tip: All rooms were very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ken h
Reviewed 18 May 2012

we stayed for a weekend in the Mercure Part Dieu. It was a very positive experience. It is a very recent hotel with large rooms, good beds, small fridge, safe, great shower and a large LCD TV-set. Although our room looked on the station, there was no noise from outside (two double glass panes).
The staff at the front office, bar and breakfast room were friendly and efficient. The breakfast is - although very good and complete - rather expensive, but especially during weekends there are special offers with breakfast included.
Great hotel where I would like to come back to.

1  Thank MartinDeinze
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed at the Mercure Part Dieu for 4 nights in May 2012.

The hotel is located immediately adjacent to Lyon Part Dieu station, which is very convenient for late arrivals or early departures. Really though, this is a very good hotel in almost all areas.

Check in was very quick, friendly and efficient. I have no idea why, but I received a little welcome pack which included a backpack, maps, a drink and some snacks. Surprising, but a nice touch.

The room was large, very modern and well-furnished. Toilet and shower were separate, which is rare in a room of this size. The room itself was the best of any Mercure I have stayed at. double glazed windows and thick blackout curtains made for an absolutely silent sleep environment.

Breakfast was included in the room fee, and was very good, with a great range of hot and cold dishes and a decent cup of coffee.

Service was good (though I had an issue trying to get dry cleaning done on a Saturday..basically, you can't, despite the information in the room saying otherwise). Reception staff were friendly and no-fuss.

I've stayed in a few hotels in Lyon but this is the best choice in this price bracket. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business