“Don't hesitate to stay here.”

Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu Hotel
Ranked #9 of 193 Hotels in Lyon
Australia
“Don't hesitate to stay here.”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This place wins hands down for convenience. It's opposite the terminus for the tram to and from the airport and right next door to the Part Dieu station. After a long haul from Australia into Lyon I was looking for a comfortable quiet room and good meal. I wasn't disappointed.

Despite being next to the station and having a room next to the elevator it was so so quiet and very comfortable. The chap I spoke to for room service was extremely helpful and spoke English well. I soon had a delicious meal and excellent glass of wine delivered to my room.

The bed and especially the pillows were very comfortable and ensured a good night's sleep.

I will definitely use this hotel again on my regular trips.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank BeenThere55
Stephane M, Responsable d'Exploitation at Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Entire Mercure Lyon Part Dieu Team join to me to say thank you for your positive opinion.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Goult, France
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Took a "prestiege room" to give myself a treat. Turned out to be quite an ordinary hotel with no fringes and no ambiance.The room was spaceious and quiet which was good, but that is where the good things stop. The lighting in the bathroom was very poor with no magnifying mirror.There was only a shower no bathtub.The minibar was very meager no snacks or chocolates.The nesspresso coffe machine was great but with no bisquits to go with the coffe.Was awakend by the sun in my eyes, the curtins did not keep the light out. The internet access did not work. The breakfast that was supposed to be exceptional was a flop. No personal touch in this hotel.Very impersonal did not feel welcome.

Room Tip: choose an other hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Stephane M, Responsable d'Exploitation at Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Sir, Madam,

We would like to say thank you taking time to shared your feelings about your stay with us.

We are sorry that the service did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies.

Be assured that the necessary corrective measures have already been taken to ensure that the quality level meets your expectations and earns your trust when you next stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in one of the hotels of the Mercure network.

Yours sincerely,
Alberta
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We decided to stop off in Lyon enroute to Arles. We picked a hotel near the train station and it was very, very nice compared to some of our other more dated picks. The room had the best bed and a great shower. It was quiet and cool and very clean. I could have stayed there longer. We had a nice visit to the downtown area and then came back to this wonderful room. The staff were very friendly. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TripPlanners
Stephane M, Responsable d'Exploitation at Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear Travellers,
I would like to say thank you to stayed in own hotel and to take time to share your advice on TripAdvisor. It is a great pleasure for entire Mercure Lyon Part Dieu Team to read your gratification !
I am glad to note that you enjoyed all our services.

We wish we will have the pleasure to welcome you during your futur stay in Lyon.

Best Regards
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This was a great stop. We were able to return our rent a car, walk across the parking lot to the hotel and walk the same short distance into the train station the next morning. The front desk was efficient, friendly and gave us directions to take the bus and trams. Room was very large with all modern amenities, yet felt like a home. Biggest flat screen TV ever in a hotel, big walk in shower with rain shower, refrigerator, coffee maker, large desk and seating area. Perfect for business travelers. Good Wifi. We were able to get a good last minute online weekend rate which made it even better

Room Tip: Upper floor better view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mojov

Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Thanks Trip Advisor for helping me with my research again! My boss and I needed a hotel for one night when we were in Lyon for business recently and after checking out the reviews and ratings of Lyon hotels I chose this one and it was perfect for our needs.

The hotel is modern, clean and well decorated, with friendly English speaking staff. The rooms are huge with a superking bed (I booked a "standard room with a double bed") and a large closet and desk area which is perfect if you have some work to do. The bathroom was also great, big walk in wet room type shower and large sink area next to a window. There was also a massive TV in front of the bed on the wall, I would say it was about 40 inches in size.

The breakfast was really good, lots of choice and better quality than the average business hotel. As well as the usual selection of cereals, fruit, pastries, yoghurts etc, they also had fresh pancakes which were delicious!

The air conditioning in the rooms is fantastic and the sound-proofing of the double windows is superb, despite being very close to the railway station. This was the other benefit for us - we had to catch a train the following morning and the train station is about 3 minutes walk from the hotel, perfect!

Room Tip: As the rooms as so well sound proofed, I imagine they are all as good as each other.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 503828Foodlover
Dear Travellers,
I am glad to note that you enjoyed all our services.

Best Regards
Quebec
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The Mercure La Part Dieu is a beautiful hotel that is conveniently located. The rooms are relatively big, nicely decorated and quiet. We stayed here at the beginning of our vacation and I felt the need to book it again for our last day to make sure our trip ended beautifully.

The Mercure is conveniently located right next to the train station (La Part Dieu) which is great if you're coming by train but ALSO if you're coming by plane. There is a tram called the Rhone Express that takes you from the airport to the train station in about 30 minutes. It's also great because there is a huge mall at a 5 minute walking distance and most of the buses are also right there. In the morning you can walk over to bakeries (there are SO MANY, but I particularly like Paul) and grab a bite to eat. There is also a convenience store (Monoprix) next to the mall where you can stock up on water and whatever pleases you. The bus that we always used was the C13 which takes us to the Presqu'ile (the fun part of town). From there, we would walk to the Old Lyon by crossing one of the bridges.

This place removed many of the headaches I usually have on vacation and made my trip more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jimshoe
Stephane M, Responsable d'Exploitation at Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2013