“good hotel”

Ranked #10 of 195 Hotels in Lyon
Crewe, United Kingdom
“good hotel”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in September,we were very pleased with it,from the time we arrived to when we left,nothing was to much trouble,we were even given a back pack containing sweets ,biscuits,water,fruit juice,and books and maps about Lyon. The room was beautiful,large clean and very comfy,the bathroom had a walk in shower and separate WC. The breakfast was possibly one of the best we have ever had, every taste was catered for. Dinner was also very good and of reasonable price, wine given the area, a tad overpriced but. Ask for a room high up and at the front. Ina good place with the tram stop in front of the hotel and the station 3 mins walk away also the direct tram to airport is in front of hotel.

Room Tip: High up at the front
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephane M, Responsable d'Exploitation at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Travellers,
I would like to say thank you to stayed in own hotel and to take time to share your advice on TripAdvisor. It is a great pleasure for entire Mercure Lyon Part Dieu Team to read your gratification !
I am glad to note that you enjoyed all our services.

We wish we will have the pleasure to welcome you during your futur stay in Lyon.

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Although the hotel is nice and a good value, there is nothing nearby, not even a convenience store or market. We wanted the convenience of being near the train station, but you have to transfer to get downtown. Lyon seems like a quiet town and everything was closed on a Saturday night except for old town and the train did not stop there.

Huge disappointment was that our non-smoking room stunk of cigarette smoke. It is so strong that my eyes watered. We put the privacy sign on the door when we left for a day trip, only to find that room service entered regardless! This is a big problem for me as I don't like people in my room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeanne C
Stephane M, Responsable d'Exploitation at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Travellers,

I would like to say thank you taking time to shared your feelings about your recent stay with us.

We are situated in the business district however at 15 min to the old city and main shopping streets. Own hotel is surrounded of every kind of transports.

I wish we will have the pleasure to welcome you soon.

Best Regards,
Melbourne
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over a weekend in early September. We did make a bit of a mistake booking this hotel as it is not in the tourist area, rather it is right next to the main train station. I must point out though that we heard no noise from our room which was on the fifth floor.

We ate in the restaurant on our last night there and the food was very average so I would not recommend this. To eat well you really need to go into town which means taking the metro or getting a taxi. Single people may feel quite uncfortable walking through the station to the hotel from the metro stop late at night.

The rooms were clean and the size was also quite large for France. Staff were fine in reception and in the restaurant.

Overall this hotel would be fine if I were doing an overnight trip and not wanting to explore but I would not stay there if I were sightseeing with not much time to spare.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank GeelongDave
Stephane M, Responsable d'Exploitation at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Entire Mercure Lyon Part Dieu Team join to me to say thank you for your positive opinion.

I wish we will have the pleasure to welcome you soon.

Best Regards,
Ottawa
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I had a "privilege" room which was great all around. Spacious, clean, many amenities. Literally steps from the Gare and the Rhone Express to the airport. Excellent food in the bar/restaurant. Not particularly cheap but worth it. Thick walls with double windows ensure dead quiet even though it is right across from the train station.

Room Tip: Top floor!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights on a work trip. Definitely a huge luxury to get such a nice and big room. The title of my review is no joke: this place was seriously almost as big as my apartment and definitely nicer too. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the service was very professional. I didn't try the restaurant or bar here. Wifi is free with a sign in and although not super speedy, it was good. Contrary to what others wrote, the location was convenient for me since the fast tram to the airport was right outside the door and my work location was on this side of Lyon. However, for people visiting for leisure, it is not in the central part of town where tourists would be mostly visiting. It is however, a short metro ride away. Overall, a great hotel and I will definitely be booking here again and hopefully marvel at the size of my room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We were eight ladies on our way to a week outside Avignon and chose this hotel due to it's location to the train station and the Rhone Express. We could have not chosen better. Very modern hotel, excellent air conditioning, oversize bathrooms and superb staff. We chose to get breakfast at the train station and dinners at restaurants away from the hotel. Both restaurants for dinner were within walking distance of the hotel and were excellent (Danton and le Gabion). The Les Halles market is also walkable from the hotel and a must see. We spent our one full day away from the hotel area and took the bus back to the hotel. The Lyon bus routes and Metro are quite easy to navigate. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends