“great location and quality”

Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu
Ranked #10 of 196 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed only one night at the Hotel for business. Before chossing the hotel, I went to see the reviews on Tripadvisor. It seemed that the hotel is extremely appreciated by those who went there. They were not wrong! The room is spacious and the furniture is of good quality. The bed is conformable and the bathroom is also spacious.
The only slight negative feedback concerns the facilities that are inexistent: no swimming pool, no fitness room.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the highest floor possible to admire the view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank naoufel c
Stephane M, Responsable d'Exploitation at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Entire Mercure Lyon Part Dieu Team join to me to say thank you for your positive opinion.
I wish we will have the pleasure to welcome you soon.

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed 10 nights here and enjoyed my stay very much. Although it's just next to the central train station the sound proof is very good (my room was facing the main road). Heating system is just right too. The room I had was a standard room but it is big, clean and bed is very comfortable. The location is perfect with a direct express tram right across the road (to & from the airport, about 30mins). The central train station has tgv and other train access to other cities which allows me to make one day trips to nearby cities. There are also numerous bus services around the shopping mall nearby to major attractions and old lyon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Travellers,

I would like to say thank you to stayed in own hotel and to take time to share your advice on TripAdvisor. It is a great pleasure for entire Mercure Lyon Part Dieu Team to read your gratification !

I am glad to note that you enjoyed all our services.

We wish we will have the pleasure to welcome you during your futur stay in Lyon.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed here for a few nights and we couldn't fault this hotel. We had a superior room and it was so spacious we couldn't believe the value for money that we received. It had one of the biggest bathrooms of all the hotels we stayed at during our Europe trip. The furnishings were very high quality and the beds were very comfortable and we had a great sleep.

The hotel is located right next to the main train station but the noise is blocked out by quadruple glazing. Being next to the train station and the tram stops meant it was extremely easy to get into the city.
We had an experience and needed help from one of the staff to telephone a local number for us (our French was limited) and they were most helpful in pursuing this for us. All in all, a great stay and we will definitely stay again next time we are in Lyon.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheRocksKiwi1
Stephane M, Responsable d'Exploitation at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Reviewed 2 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank ttholiday
Stephane M, Responsable d'Exploitation at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This hotel does all the things it supposed to - a clean, quiet room and a comfortable bed. It also offers some things that other hotels do not; very helpful and friendly staff, free wifi and a great location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Stephane M, Responsable d'Exploitation at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed in the Mercure Lyon for 4 nights in early September 2013. It is a large modern business orientated hotel located right across the street from the lightrail stop from the Airport and a 2 minute walk to the main railway station and metro stop.
My bathroom sink became blocked the second night into my stay (my fault!!) and although I reported this to reception is was still blocked when I checked out 2 days later!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Stephane M, Responsable d'Exploitation at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Travellers,

I would like to say thank you taking time to shared your feelings about your recent stay with us.

We are sorry that the service did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies.

Be assured that the necessary corrective measures have already been taken to ensure that the quality level meets your expectations and earns your trust when you next stay with us.

We hope to see you soon in Mercure Lyon Part-Dieu.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

As chain hotels go, this one was very good, the service was excellent, room good, modern, large tv, shower, separate toilet.
Absolutely no complaints, good breakfast, and I had 2 evening meals here which were good, without being exceptional, no doubt there are restaurants in Lyon which do better for less.
Being right next to the station, its good for travellers and meetings.

Room Tip: sound proofing is excellent, so all rooms are surely OK
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Stephane M, Responsable d'Exploitation at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Travellers,

I would like to say thank you for your pleasant comments.
We are delighted that our services reached your expectations.

We hope to see you soon in Mercure Lyon Part-Dieu.