“Near brand new hotel in a great location”

Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu
Ranked #10 of 194 Hotels in Lyon
Australia
“Near brand new hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Pros
-Next to the central station, with access to trams (to airport) and subway
-Near a shopping centre (walk through the central station)
-Nice modern new interior
-Quiet
-Free wifi
-Friendly and helpful staff

Cons
-None

Room Tip: I would recommend the deluxe rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Entire Mercure Lyon Part Dieu Team join to me to say thank you for your positive opinion.
I wish we will have the pleasure to welcome you soon.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here for a night on a quick business trip. I last stayed here in September 2013 and wrote a review of my stay then which was raving about the hotel. To be honest, I'm not sure why I was thinking this is one of the best hotels I've stayed at. Don't get me wrong, this is still a great hotel and I can recommend.

This time, it must have been more fully booked since the room was much more expensive so value-wise, it wasn't as great this time. But the rooms are still big with a comfortable bed. However, the free wifi worked much better this time and was fast. I had the cesar salad for room service and it wasn't anything special. I usually skip the breakfast buffet at hotels since the value usually isn't worth the price and I'm happy to pick up a croissant at a local bakery.

The strangest thing this time was the reservation process. I had booked through the internet website but there was some what was for me unusual reservation processes like writing me a personal e-mail on a different e-mail address for confirmation (even though I already had the auto confirmation) as well as not having my loyalty card number on the booking. It was just things that were out of the usual order so I was wondering why this time was strange.

Overall though, I might seem like I'm being critical, but it was wasn't the wow experience I remember. It's just a hotel, a good one at that, so expect a comfortable stay and good wifi, which is what I usually look for in a hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
I would like to say thank you taking time to shared your feelings about your recent stay with us.
With pleasure to welcome you soon.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel last week

- room was ok and clean, very basic - no body lotion in the bathroom
- nice and polite staff but a bit lost when asked a question
- service at bar and restaurant was slow
- breakfast buffet offers close to nothing for people with gluten or lactose intolerances (scrambled eggs had a lot of cream, no soy milk, only a dry madeleine was offered), tomatoes had very stiff and painful herbs on them

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
We are sorry that the service did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies.

Did you ask something at the restaurant about your intolerances because Mercure offer especilly some products for the gluten and lactose intolerences.

Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in one of the hotels of the Mercure network.

Kind regards
Treviso, Italy
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This hotel is located very close to the airport express tram stop, metro station, train station, bus stop, restaurants, shopping center, etc... Excellent location !
Coming from the airport you don' t have to change the transportation. The hotel is right front of the airport express tram stop. Going to the Lyon center is just to get a metro. Quick and easy.

All staff in this hotel are very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a lot of different Mercure hotels in the world but this hotel is one of the best Mercure hotel, I could say.

Our room was very spacious and clean. The room has a safty box, a mini fridge, a big flat screen TV, a kettle and coffee & tea set.
Our room was face to the train station (platform) but there was no noise at all.
I think this hotel has a quite good sound proofsysytem. We slept very well.

We would definitely go back to this hotel in our next Lyon trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GMB95
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Travellers,

I am overjoyed that you have a pleasant moment.
With pleasure to welcome you soon.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Good clean large room next to station. Easy access to everything in Lyon including large supermarket and the metro. Although next to the station no noise. Would stay again if I returned to Lyon and would recommend.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Lauren M
Dear Guest,

I wish we will have the pleasure to welcome you soon.

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

If you have stayed in Mercure's in the UK then this place will be a surprise. It's a a really nice clean hotel, almost next door to Part Dieu railway station and close to the main business district of Lyon. The rooms are large and comfortable and the wi-fi is free. Surprisingly for a hotel the restaurant is really good with an excellent choice of food and wine.
The staff really make the place, they cannot do enough for you. I actually look forwards to going back.

Room Tip: Doesn't seem to matter - they have worked out the art of double glazing - quiet on both sides.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheScubaDuo
Dear Travellers,
I would like to say thank you to stayed in own hotel and to take time to share your advice on TripAdvisor. It is a great pleasure for entire Mercure Lyon Part Dieu Team to read your gratification !
I am glad to note that you enjoyed all our services.

We wish we will have the pleasure to welcome you during your futur stay in Lyon.

Best Regards
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Love this place. Modern design, clean, about 80 steps from Part Dieu main entrance. Good beds, would like the stylish shower at my house! Wi-Fi worked well. Awesome breakfast layout, several styles of eggs, bacon, cereals, fresh fruit & juices, of course fruhstucks fare too. ( about 17 euro per person, not cheap, but really good ), Saw most guests store their packs/ luggage for the day , no charge, which we did too while out exploring Lyon. Booked 3 months ahead online with Accor, the parent company, for a 1/2 rate. Staff is very gracious, and wear a small pin indicating if they speak English, or another language besides French. Our reception person searched and printed out inside CDG airport navigation instructions for us at a sister property, Novotel. Most helpful as CDG can be a maze. In Lyon the street tram and metro are the way to get around, just walk through the train station and the tram is right there. We love Lyon, the Roman museum is worth a visit just for the building alone, what a use of space and light, let alone a 700 B.C. pre Roman chariot, believed to be the world's only surviving one.FYI- the real Buchons, have a big nosed cartoon image of a man in their window.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ron m
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Travellers,
I am glad to note that you enjoyed all our services.

Best Regards