“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu Hotel
Ranked #8 of 193 Hotels in Lyon
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The room was fantastic & large, particularly the bathroom. friendly staff, including the hotel maintenance man who helped us fix our pram. breakfast was delicious (the baguettes!). and it'd a nice 20mins walk into the main town.
would definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you taking time to shared your feelings about your recent stay with us.
I am overjoyed that you had a pleasant moment and appreciated the Mercure Part-Dieu Staff and breakfast!
We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

It was just a short overnight stay but my room on the 9th floor was one of the best Mercure rooms I have ever had. More like a suite, hugely spacious bedroom and bathroom. Great service too. Don't stay at Perrache, visit this hotel. A two second walk to the train station too.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MarcKnoll
Dear Travellers,
I am glad to note that you enjoyed all our services.

We wish we will have the pleasure to welcome you during your futur stay in Lyon.

Bribir, Primorsko-goranska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Pro:
1) Right at the exit of the train station
2) Rooms of decent size and very modern design
3) High-quality and varied breakfast, I'm especially impressed by the choice of cheeses
4) Excellent sound insulation, I did not hear the trains
5) Coffee maker and a fridge with free water in the room
6) Free and good wifi
7) Very comfortable bed
8) Well contected to city center (by bus or metro, to use the metro you should walk a bit)
Contra
1) On my reservation was stated "welcome gift" which I got on leaving, and only when I asked for it (so there is nothing in that welcome)
2) I wanted to connect my laptop to the TV to watch a movie, but there was no HDMI connection on the TV available

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I am overjoyed that you have a pleasant moment.

We are sorry to have forgotten to give you your welcome gift at check-in. Do not hesitate to ask at reception.
For the HDMI connection, our TVs are special for the professional use and you cannot connect anything to the TV. We beg you to accept our sincerest apologies.

We hope to see you soon in Mercure Lyon Part-Dieu.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Clean rooms, big windows that open, friendly staff and good beer on tap. Hotel is right next to the SNCF train station, across the street from the airport tram, and a very short walk away from the Part Dieu metro station.

I found it easy to get to from the airport, to connect the next day for a train trip, and to get downtown to the tourist stuff by metro; it's only four stops (with one easy interchange). I've stayed here about 30 times, and just kept coming back for the amenities, convenience, and the price. Beds are also huge and very firm; very good place to sleep when jet-lagged or exhausted from travel.

Room Tip: Train station side is quieter, other than the train announcements. Street side is fine, but there ar...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank D F
Dear Traveller,

I would like to say thank you to stayed in own hotel and to take time to share your advice on TripAdvisor. It is a great pleasure for entire Mercure Lyon Part Dieu Team to read your gratification !
I am glad to note that you enjoyed all our services and see all the best reasons to stay in our hotel.
We will be very happy to welcome you 30 times again!

sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

hotel is located between the TGV railway station and the old centre - and lots of bus, metro and tram options if weather to hot for walking ( or just to tired to do so).

in a quite location, and room was as expected from a mercure hotel; but in being one lacks the charm that is obtained from smaller hotels. their is no noise in rooms from street, or other rooms; giving a good nights sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Entire Mercure Lyon Part Dieu Team join to me to say thank you for your positive opinion.
I wish we will have the pleasure to welcome you soon.

Best Regards,
Ypsilanti, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel. The staff was very nice, and although we were only there briefly, they remembered me and called me by name. I was very impressed. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I I would categorize this hotel as a business hotel. It is very close to the train station, and our room did not have a view. However, it suited what we were doing and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel, especially if you have a brief stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Cheryl B
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Travellers,
I am glad to note that you enjoyed all our services.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a lovely hotel, very basic but functional. the restaurant is surprisingly good - we had some wonderful appetizers there.
The sole complaint is about the elevator. First, it is "anxious" to close - it does not wait a few seconds to see if someone else is walking on. Secondly, it only recognizes your key card about half the time. There were numerous people that had to get off the elevator to have the front desk re-initialize their cards. Not a huge deal, but shocking given how excellent the hotel is in all other respects.
I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
1 Thank CaWineGuy
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Travellers,

I would like to say thank you for your pleasant comments.
We are delighted that our services reached your expectations.
We hope to see you soon in Mercure Lyon Part-Dieu.

Best Regards,