“Best hotel in my trip”

Ranked #9 of 194 Hotels in Lyon
HK
“Best hotel in my trip”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stay 2 nights this August. Greatly impressed by this modern hotel with good service. Nice location for access by rental and train. Secure underground car park at good price. Rooms are well furnished and spacious. Definitely will stay next time if stop by Lyon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Travellers,

I would like to say thank you taking time to shared your feelings about your recent stay with us.
I am overjoyed that you have a pleasant moment.
With pleasure to welcome you soon.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel is extremely close to the train station. Literally walk out, turn to your right and it is there! It was so convenient as we were arriving and leaving by the train station.
The staff at the front desk are so very helpful and lovely to interact with.
And the rooms were amazingly comfortable and spacious. The beds and pillows were perfect for a great sleep and the heavy curtains block out any light so sleep-ins were possible! There are double windows so it blocks out all the outside noise so room is peacefully quiet.
Hotel is a little far from the Old Town but catch C9 bus from the other side of the station for 2 Euro and you will be there in about 10 minutes!
Absolutely no complaints about this hotel!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wisemonkeysabroad
Dear Travellers,
I would like to say thank you to stayed in own hotel and to take time to share your advice on TripAdvisor. It is a great pleasure for entire Mercure Lyon Part Dieu Team to read your gratification !
I am glad to note that you enjoyed all our services.

We wish we will have the pleasure to welcome you during your futur stay in Lyon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The room was fantastic & large, particularly the bathroom. friendly staff, including the hotel maintenance man who helped us fix our pram. breakfast was delicious (the baguettes!). and it'd a nice 20mins walk into the main town.
would definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I am overjoyed that you had a pleasant moment and appreciated the Mercure Part-Dieu Staff and breakfast!
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

It was just a short overnight stay but my room on the 9th floor was one of the best Mercure rooms I have ever had. More like a suite, hugely spacious bedroom and bathroom. Great service too. Don't stay at Perrache, visit this hotel. A two second walk to the train station too.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MarcKnoll
Dear Travellers,
I am glad to note that you enjoyed all our services.

Bribir, Primorsko-goranska
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Pro:
1) Right at the exit of the train station
2) Rooms of decent size and very modern design
3) High-quality and varied breakfast, I'm especially impressed by the choice of cheeses
4) Excellent sound insulation, I did not hear the trains
5) Coffee maker and a fridge with free water in the room
6) Free and good wifi
7) Very comfortable bed
8) Well contected to city center (by bus or metro, to use the metro you should walk a bit)
Contra
1) On my reservation was stated "welcome gift" which I got on leaving, and only when I asked for it (so there is nothing in that welcome)
2) I wanted to connect my laptop to the TV to watch a movie, but there was no HDMI connection on the TV available

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I am overjoyed that you have a pleasant moment.

We are sorry to have forgotten to give you your welcome gift at check-in. Do not hesitate to ask at reception.
For the HDMI connection, our TVs are special for the professional use and you cannot connect anything to the TV. We beg you to accept our sincerest apologies.

We hope to see you soon in Mercure Lyon Part-Dieu.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Clean rooms, big windows that open, friendly staff and good beer on tap. Hotel is right next to the SNCF train station, across the street from the airport tram, and a very short walk away from the Part Dieu metro station.

I found it easy to get to from the airport, to connect the next day for a train trip, and to get downtown to the tourist stuff by metro; it's only four stops (with one easy interchange). I've stayed here about 30 times, and just kept coming back for the amenities, convenience, and the price. Beds are also huge and very firm; very good place to sleep when jet-lagged or exhausted from travel.

Room Tip: Train station side is quieter, other than the train announcements. Street side is fine, but there ar...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank D F
Dear Traveller,

I am glad to note that you enjoyed all our services and see all the best reasons to stay in our hotel.
We will be very happy to welcome you 30 times again!

sydney
Reviewed 25 July 2014

hotel is located between the TGV railway station and the old centre - and lots of bus, metro and tram options if weather to hot for walking ( or just to tired to do so).

in a quite location, and room was as expected from a mercure hotel; but in being one lacks the charm that is obtained from smaller hotels. their is no noise in rooms from street, or other rooms; giving a good nights sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Entire Mercure Lyon Part Dieu Team join to me to say thank you for your positive opinion.
I wish we will have the pleasure to welcome you soon.

Best Regards,