Hotel du Theatre
  • Bar/Lounge
US$211
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsno elevatorheavy suitcasesthe hotel receptiongreat locationstar hotelshort walkwould stay here againcomfortable roomfirst floorgood sizecroissantsplace bellecourbathtubeurolaundrytrain
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I enjoyed this hotel. A bit off putting when you first approach it as it is down a fairly minor and shabby street. You have to go up three flights to get to reception but it is worth it. I had a view overlookiing the magnificent theatre square. The room I had was large and sparsely furnished and the bed was clean and adequate. Not very high end but then neither is the price. I had the breakfast and it was ok, nothing special.

Room Tip: Having a room overlooking the square may sometimes have noise disadvantages.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel has a very convenient location, walkable distance to the "Vieux Lyon", to the city shopping street (where I found iphone adaptor / charger) and a restaurants' street.

We stayed in Lyon for overnight to meet friends there and went back to Paris. On my way back to Paris on TGV, I realized I forgot my new hoodie sweater in the hotel, and when I called the hotel number in Paris, they thanked me for calling them... I received the sweater in 2 days in my hotel in Paris.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just back from 4 nights in Lyon, hotel was in the value end of the market , plus points great location ok breakfast and quite cheap, minus points walls are quite thin rooms are small and basic and no lifts , but all said we thought it was goodvalue

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The hotel's good locatation is perfect to optimize your walkings. My single room was simply, but clean and spacious. The staff is very kind. Very good cost-benefit relationship. It's a very old but preserved building. There is no elevator.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This hotel is in a convenient location except I could find no bakeries nearby for my almond croissant fix every morning. If you can afford it at all, I would spring for a larger room; I could barely fit in the wc. Don't bother with the breakfast here either. If I were to stay in Lyon again I would likely not stay here but seek a better place in the area. And yes, there are many flights of stairs to climb each in and out. The housekeeper drove my wife crazy too, moving her shower cap, etc. every day while not taking out recycle bottles fro a couple of days. There's better accomodations.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the street in front, the ones that view the courtyard would be quieter with a nicer view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple