Hotel La Residence
US$221
US$134
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewspedestrian streetrue victorplace bellecourtriple roomgreat locationwithin walking distanceold towncentral locationfront desk staffair coneuro breakfastdecent hoteltwo blockslarge bathroomdowntown lyonshort walkyogurt
Reviewed 24 October 2012

In the centre of Lyon, walking distance to Vieux Lyon and Perache station. The room was comfortable and had everything I needed. I was on the 2nd floor so it can get noisy, but I didn't mind. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Daphne L
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I attended a conference in Lyon and there were hardly any hotel rooms left by the time I went to book accommodation. I ended up booking through venere.com and got an excellent rate.

I was a bit nervous about the hotel but it ended up being great. The location is very central to Place Bellecour and the metro. The room was dated but comfortable and the bathroom was huge with a spa bath which was completely unexpected. The breakfast buffet was standard French breakfast food but a good start to the day. The free wifi for multiple devices is a bonus.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My recent stay at the Hotel La Residence was incredibly pleasant and I would recommend this hotel highly. I say this even after being bumped to another hotel for the first night of my stay due to a plumbing problem in my intended room (luckily I wasn't the one to discover said problem, but instead learned about it on arrival).

Although the hotel isn't opulent, it is clean, comfortable, well-lighted, and well-kept. The wifi worked perfectly the entire time. The breakfast buffet has a good basic selection of items. My bed was comfortable -- the mattress wasn't too hard as in some hotels and there were different kinds of pillows to choose from. My room (403) had a good-sized closet, mini-bar and safe, full bath and shower, decent desk, hairdryer, and flat-screen TV. It also had a little balcony looking out on rue Victor Hugo which was nice for checking the weather in the morning. Occasionally some street noise got through (including a large zombie parade passing by one afternoon!), but I didn't have any problems with noise late at night when I was trying to sleep.

The location is quite handy, with plenty of stores and restaurants on rue Victor Hugo and other nearby streets. And the front desk staff were really great! Each person I encountered there was friendly, happy to answer questions, tolerant of my very poor French, and welcoming. I would definitely stay there again if my travels bring me back to Lyon some day.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The location of this hotel is great - makes bus connections easy and sights are within walking distance. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Not necessarily quiet, as it is on the corner of a busy pedestrian street and driving street. The room was clean and had everything we needed.

The front desk personnel were all very friendly and helpful to us, even though we spoke almost no French! A good value.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet and Richa... K
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Small rooms, but great breafast...Close to everything, so you can walk, the staff is friendly and very helpful...plenty of eye candy close around the hotel.For all the hype of such great resturants in the city, we felt they were average, and somewhat pricy.

Room Tip: Forget parking a car there small lot in back of the hotel, and you wont need one to get around the city...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple