Hotel des Remparts
Hotelo(Lyon)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$83
US$67
All reviewsperrache stationwithin walking distancequiet at nightrestaurants and barshot waterexcellent locationnice hotelcomfortable bedminute walkold towncarmotrainbathroomtoastercityfranceinternet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 September 2009

We booked the Hotel Dubost because it was doing a 'buy one night, get one night free' offer on Booking.com. This meant that we paid €85 in total for a 2-night stay in a twin room. We had low expectations but were very pleasantly surprised. The room was quiet (being at the back of the hotel). The beds were lovely - the single beds we had were bigger than singles with firm mattresses. The curtains blocked out light perfectly. We had a nice flat screen TV; the bathroom could have done with some updating but was fine for our needs, and for a 2* hotel. Location was fine - we managed to walk everywhere in Lyon with no problems (lucky since there was a metro strike!). Reception was friendly and efficient. Would defintely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2009

location is brilliant as its 2 mins from the perrache station. place carnot does have some homeless people camping still, but i have come been back about 11.15pm on a saturday night, and it didn't feel sinister. reception was bit curt when i queried the tourist tax (which is 99euro cents a night). no secure room for baggage, bags are just left in view behind a plant, though it worked out ok for me. i booked via orangesmile for 2 nights, for a total of 68 euros. room was very basic but felt very clean even when i was barefoot! the rack rate is 63 euros a night which i think is too much for what you get. i didn't have breakfast there, its 8,50 euros, and you can do better with a bakery: croissant for 75 cents and an expresson for 1,50 euros. overall a well run place. good shower though the soap tray was falling out of the wall. linen and shower gel included.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2009

Very close toMetro, Tram, TGV at Perrache station. Good prices. I had a 2nd floordouble room which looked over place Carnot (park). There are people living in the park which doesn't look sogood. The roomwas comfortable, good bed,big bathroom.Very clean and comfortable. The wifi was interrupted by workers and so Iusednit in the foyer. It worked very well. I paid for 10 Euros for2 hours and was entitledtouse it for the length ofmy stay.I was given unlimited amount of2 hour vouchersfor the length ofmy stay.Very good! The staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast was OK. I like this hotel. I have stayed at a lot and they made me feel very welcome. They were nice.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2008

The following is a copy of an email I sent to CITOTEL about their Hotel Dubost in Lyon France. I covers all I can say in praise of what a great place it is.

To Whom It May Concern:

I wanted to congratulate you on having such a efficient,warm and friendly staff at the Dubost Hotel. especially Wue Teaure, I believe is her name, who took pity on my not being able to speak French, and used her skill to converse and help me in English.

My room was comfortable and very well kept. I loved the large window that let in loads of sunshine and allowed me a view of Place Carnot and its environs. Your location is as good as it gets. Right next to Perrache station, which had every type of transportation to everywhere!

The only thing I did not like was the cost (2.50euro per 30min.) of internet and I could only find WIFI in the hotel lobby; it was out of range in my second floor room.

I plan to send a copy of this letter to BOOKINGS.com, who made my reservation and TripAdvisor, of which I am a member.

Continued success to your people and company

Sue Trzaska
auntiesuesan@cox.net
San Diego, Ca. USA

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 29 September 2007

This hotel is in a great location. Steps away from the train. Lots to keep you busy in and around the Place Carnot. The staff as previously mentioned were efficient but not pleasant. The bed was not bad/not great. The air conditioning was adequate for the weather conditions. The bathroom was old but clean. The breakfast consisted of a hard as rock bun, a mini croissant and a mini pastry with orange juice and coffee. There was some bread layed out for toasting. Unfortunately it was moldy. This put us off our breakfast completely. There was no fresh fruit which was surprising. I would definitely skip the breakfast and head for a local cafe or buy pastry and coffee off the street.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple