“Perfect location, confortable”
Review of Hotel des Remparts

Hotel des Remparts
Ranked #59 of 196 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The hotel was very very good with a perfect location right next to the central train station. The room was spacious and clean with all the conforts that we needed. The staff was ok but not very welcoming. The wifi was very weak and didnt work most of the time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel des Remparts

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I stayed in the Dubost Hotel in Lyon in July 2012. The hotel is excellent value and very well priced considering its location. I was a tourist visiting Lyon for the first time and arrived by train at Perrache station and I had no trouble finding this hotel. It was in the perfect location, in Place Carnot, no more than 50 metres from the rail station. Hotel Dubost is right in town and within walking distance to most of the sights and monuments.

I was in a room with an ensuite on the third floor, accessible via lift. The room was clean, with toiletries in the bathroom, a nice comfortable bed, luggage racks, a desk with lamp, wardrobe, TV and free WIFI. A nice little French continental breakfast was offered for a small price. Unfortunately, the weather was not kind and it rained for the two days I was in Lyon. Thankfully, Hotel Dubost is within walking distance to everything – the main shopping streets, the magnificent Cathedral of St John the Baptist and the beautiful Basilica of Notre Dame de Fourviere. The hotel staff spoke English and were very helpful. They gave me a map and directions and loaned me an umbrella so despite the rain I was able to do some sightseeing. I would definitely recommend Hotel Dubost to anyone wanting cheap, clean, comfortable and centrally located accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Best price, nice bedrooms, excellent location... All you need for a hotel!!! Tourist information and help... U can talk in english an french!!! Lyon its a very nice place to visit, rlaxing and calming, the history its combined with the new things, beatiful church's, very noce food!! All in one!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel 2 nights in September. The room was not very big and it looked a bit old fashioned but it was okay to me. I had a bed and a bathroom and that was what mattered most to me. I used a special offer and the room was very cheap. The location at the Place Carnot is really great. You are only a few steps away of the Perrache railway station where you can take train, tram, bus and subway and the city. Yet the place is quiet and you are not bothered by lots of noises. I didn't take the breakfast because I found it a bit expensive. The elevator was a bit troublesome and you couldn't take the key outside but that's in more places. If you look for an affordable hotel at a great location I could recommand this one

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Louise15101970
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We spent 5 nights at the Dubost at the end of September and although the room was not huge we were very comfortable. Our room looked onto Place Carnot but there was very little noise even though Perrache Station is almost next door! The staff were helpful and friendly and the hotel was well kept. We would have liked a bit more choice at breakfast - different breads, fruit and maybe a toaster? We would recommend the hotel to friends as it was a great base for getting about the city and there is a good choice of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The worst experience ever after travelling so many countries and hotels. First impression RUDE receptionist, not only one all of them. The 2 madams and the night guy. Horrible big key, Not allowed to take keys outside. Not allowed to bring friends coz they have a security issue. What kinda hotel are you to have security issue!! 8 stars? Do we people look stupid??
When I got back to the hotel after my night out and ask for my key, the Bonne homme, tells me I don't remember you room! Idiot, well then give us small portable keys as all the hotel does rather than being rude at the clients. NO manners at all.
Small rooms, dirty toilets and uncomfortable beds. OH yeah I think there is a bed bugs, I got raches around my feets and back. Thank god I did not take breakfast, and the receptionist was complaining coz I didn't agree for the breakfast.
Think hundred times before you reserve, Pay more but choose other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank satchit
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed at Dubost Hotel in September last year. Location is brilliant, just 5 steps away from Lyon Perrache train station. Room was quite old, but comfortable.

As everybody here mentions, we were asked to pay in advance for our stay. WiFi connection was OK in our room, but password had to be renewed every several hours!

To sum up... next time we'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple