“Single traveller”

Ranked #92 of 194 Hotels in Lyon
ANAND
“Single traveller”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Hotel Victoria is really just a walk away from the Perrache railway/tram/bus stop. Located in a side alley, some of the top floor rooms offer a good view of the cathedral. I was upgraded to a double bed room in the price of a single bed room at the same cost. The wi-fi speed in my room at the top floor was very good.
The room was cramped. Very little space to move about. The cruise liner designed bathroom was to cramped for me (average height and physique), good experience, none the less.
Full and complete co-operation and friendly english speaking staff make up for the shortcomings.

Room Tip: I was in Room 64, had a good view of the road below, railway station and the cathedral.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FM999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I traveled around Europe for 3 weeks and chose this hotel for our stay in Lyon for it's reviews online, proximity to the train station, and price. It exceeded our expectations largely due to the concierge, who was very knowledgable in the area. Be aware this area is in a newer urban renewal neighborhood separated from the old town by a busy highway. But don't be worried, the metro is a 2 minute walk away and easily connects you to anywhere else in the city you wish to visit. Everything was clean and all around wonderful, especially for the price! I would absolutely recommend Hotel Victoria to anyone or stay there again myself if I'm lucky enough to visit Lyon again.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Ashley B
London
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel is lovely, recently refurbished. Its in a strange part of town cut off from the main area by a busy highway but is close to Perrache train station and the metro and tram stops. You can either walk to the main shopping area through the train station or take the metro for a couple of stops to Bellcour. The staff at the hotel speak good English and are very helpful. Breakfast is a substantial continental. I stayed in a single room and it is very tiny, not much bigger than the size of the single bed. Bathroom is a modular pod wet room which means everything gets wet after a shower.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank TassieLondon
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Was in Lyon for just over 24hrs and wanted a place that would be convenient to get to and from and also be able to access sight. This had a perfect location being right next to the the second major train station and also to the tram/metro. It is also a pleasant walk to the older city center and a lot of the sights if you wish. I had a single room which yes was probably one of the smallest I had stayed in... but it was just for the night and somehow was neatly designed and clutter free that it didn't feel small. The high bed again was peculiar but I saw it as a positive peculiarity. The room and bathroom were very clean. I had the breakfast there - which while basic was still good.
What impressed me most was the service. I arrived earlier than the check in time but they were able to check if the room was ready I was given a room. I was able to get good advice on how to best to get to the airport the next day and maps for the area etc. The genuinely pleasant manner of the people I met made you feel good about staying there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Riddles83
Noida, India
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed there for two days. Room was comfortable. The staff was friendly. They gave us a neighbourhood map and guided about the sights around Lyon. Its very near to train station, so location was convenient too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aman A
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I booked a room at Hotel Victoria last Thursday without doing too much research and had planned on perhaps moving on after one day with my son but we decided to stay 3 days and this will not be the last time I visit Hotel Victoria as I am a regular visitor to Lyon.

Emmanuel and his staff were very professional, friendly and willing to help out more than they are required to. They were really friendly to me and my son and the room was adequate to requirements, kept clean and the breakfast was a perfect start to the day for both of us.

This was a very positive experience and I recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed for just two nights, but everything was wonderful - and for a great price! Excellent location: minute walk from metro, tram, and train stations. Lovely private room with acceptable bathroom, large comfortable bed, and lovely view of Notre Dame de Fourvière.
The staff was very friendly, kind, and helpful. Niels, the owner's niece, who was working at the front desk, was a pleasure to talk to, and he gave me great suggestions as to where to go in Lyon. He gave me a map and pointed out all the major attractions. Great, helpful person!
Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay during my visit to Lyon. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and will certainly return the next time I visit!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo