“Very comfortable hotel”

Ranked #13 of 194 Hotels in Lyon
Canberra, Australia
“Very comfortable hotel”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This hotel was great for us, it was modern, comfortable and very quiet. We managed to find parking on the street, rather than the underground provided by the hotel. It is a decent walk from the vieux Lyon or Croix rouisso but an easy 5 minute car ride. The only minor problem was the attitude of the female staff member at reception when we checked in. The fact that we had backpacks seemed almost offensive to her! I find it amusing when hotel staff judge you on your luggage. Perhaps some further guest relations training is in order (not all backpackers are destitute). Other than that slight hiccup it was a pleasant stay!

• Stayed May 2013
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My only regret is that I missed your arrival myself, being English and a great lover of travelling I would have enjoyed hearing of your travels and taking some time out to speak my native language!

I note your unfortunate perception of one of our employee’s at check in. Please accept my apologies as this is not at all a reflection on the training and mentality that we share with our team.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back so that I can welcome you back personally.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Rooms are typically 3 stars comfort and for that quite comfortable. However to the the road is somehow noisy in the night and you cannot sleep with open window. Bathroom is fine except the hairdryer which is 1970-style with a handle that will get boiling hot after a few minutes use and the tube is much to short so you may not dry your back head hair.
Public transport to city center is complicated with changing from bus to metro and not convenient. Underground garage was one of the reasons to choose this hotel, however the code to the main door does not work and you have to open it everytime by hand.
Breakfast buffet for 24 CHF (EU 15) is far overpriced for what is offered and we chose to eat outside.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the courtyard which might be much quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on this website.

I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed by the equipment of our establishment and that you were disturbed by the traffic which is usually very light in the evening as we are based in a business district.

Regarding access to the city center you do effectively have a bus which leaves from the bus stop just in front of the hotel that takes you to the nearest metro station. However from this very same bus stop you also have another bus which takes you directly into the center of Lyon without changing.

With regards to the parking I apologize if maybe you experienced a technical fault during your stay. We offer a secure, underground parking with an access code that changes daily in order to guarantee the security of our guests. This access code is available daily at the reception.

I do hope that I will get the pleasure in welcoming you back personally for your next visit in order to personally ensure that your stay is up to the usual quality of the establishment and its services.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Clean, quiet and pleasant staff. Recommended for anyone willing to have a peaceful break in this nice city of Lyon. Located in a new neighborhood on the Saone banks. Well connected to the city center and to the Vieux Lyon as well train stations through buses or underground train

• Stayed April 2013
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on this website. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and managed to take advantage of the easy access to the city centre.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

Great, clean hotel with large room, but outside of city center. Easy river road that takes you right into town. Staff speaks English and very helpful.
Far outside the center of town. Nothing around it for food and drinks. Restaurant in hotel closes at 2pm and doesn't open until 7pm. Since there are no other options around, plan accordly.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Todd S
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel Lyon-ouest with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I just wanted to point out to you for, I hope, many future stays with us, that our restaurant does indeed close at 2pm and reopens at 7pm however we are able to serve drinks in the afternoon in our lobby area and we are also located in what is actually an up and coming area with several restaurants and a cinema just a few meters away.

I hope to have the pleasure in helping you discover all of this during your next stay with us!

Best regards,

Director of the Hôtel Lyon-ouest
Switzerland
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

This is advertised as a 3 star hotel, but deserves a 4 star rating. Large rooms, water cooker, safe, large bathroom, great shower and bed. I was impressed, good value! Tip: city bikes can be rented just 50 meters from the hotel, direction Lyon centre. Bus stop at the front door, or 15min wlk to nearest metro. Free safe street parking next to hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on this website. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Best regards .

Director of the Hôtel Lyon-ouest
Aberaeron, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Have returned from a week away at this hotel. Lovely room overlooking the river, very quiet at night so slept really well. This hotel has only been open for a few months so rooms and furnature in excellent condition and very comfortable. I found the staff particularly helpful, nothing seemed to be to much trouble. As this was over the easter break, the hotel provided chocolate eggs for the children staying - which was a nice touch. If you are looking for a friendly and efficient hotel in Lyon, which is also good value for money, I would recomend this one.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated our warm and cosy family atmosphere particularly during the Easter period.

I particularly appreciated having the pleasure in meeting you during your stay and hope to be personally available to greet you back to the hotel at your next visit.

Kind regards

Paris, France
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Just returned from a two night stay at this excellent hotel. Great room overlooking the river, with a pleasant adjoining room for our two young daughters. Complimentary kids' toiletries were a nice touch.

Gare de Vaise metro is just 10 min walk away. The 31 bus stops directly in front of the hotel. Nice restaurants in the area, and a large Pathe cinema complex. We found free street parking right next to the hotel.

Above all, we'd praise the staff for their friendly welcome and excellent service. Particular thanks to Philippe and Krystel for their help and kindness above and beyond the call of duty when one of our daughters was unwell.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to add a comment on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Hotel Lyon-ouest.

I’m really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I am delighted to hear that my staff went above and beyond the call of duty when you needed them. Krystel thanks you enormously for the biscuits by the way!

We pride ourselves in being a great family hotel for travellers on the weekends and during the holidays and to see that our guests enjoy they’re stay make it all the more worthwhile.

I really hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Yours Sincerely