“New & modern/affordable...VERY HARD TO FIND”
Review of Hotel Lyon-ouest

Hotel Lyon-ouest
Ranked #23 of 196 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Escaped from soul numbing Geneva for a 24 hr trip to Lyon (1st time); Had a car/no GPS & had taken down directions from Expedia where I got a good rate for a Saturday. Went in circles for 1 hr finally stopped at a chamber of commerce who used computer search. Upon check in desk clerk confirmed 'yes its hard to find'! Web sites need to give clear driving info. Yes it's in an industrial park....rooms are well appointed. Went to fancy Brasserie 3 blocks up...other review. free internet. dont pay to park or buy breakfast. Come for an overnite with a good rate/but do your research. Not a base for seeing the real Lyon

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear traveler,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience with us on this website.

I have noted your comment regarding finding the hotel without a GPS. You are right some internet sites do not give very clear directions despite us being located right next to an exit off the main ring road of the city – hence the receptionist being sympathetic in her reply. Please note that I will pass this information on to the website you used to book your stay in order to see if we cannot add some further information in order for it to be more clear.

I do hope that despite this inconvenience we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel sometime soon as despite the difficulty in finding us the public transport taking you into the city centre is quite straight forward making us a good base if you are looking for calm in the evening and to explore the city during the day.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2013

A modern hotel by the side of the River La Saone. Secure underground parking, albeit at EUR 11.00 per night. A good Italian restaurant is available but, with the world-famous Brasserie George only a taxi ride away, why would you use it! The rooms are excellent and some have a view of the river. For the money, this is a great option when in Lyon

Room Tip: Request a river view and pay the extra EUR 20.00
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear traveler,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed most aspects of your visit and I have shared your feedback with all my team.

Regarding your comment on the rooms with a view over the Saone these are our Prestige category of rooms and you are right they are worth the extra 20€ for a real treat!

If you should have the opportunity to come back and stay with us again then I would be delighted to introduce you to the tantalizing flavours of our fresh Italian cuisine which I’m sure will convince you that our restaurant is also worth a visit. I would be delighted.

I hope to get the chance to personally welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2013

This hotel was great for us, it was modern, comfortable and very quiet. We managed to find parking on the street, rather than the underground provided by the hotel. It is a decent walk from the vieux Lyon or Croix rouisso but an easy 5 minute car ride. The only minor problem was the attitude of the female staff member at reception when we checked in. The fact that we had backpacks seemed almost offensive to her! I find it amusing when hotel staff judge you on your luggage. Perhaps some further guest relations training is in order (not all backpackers are destitute). Other than that slight hiccup it was a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: May 2013
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My only regret is that I missed your arrival myself, being English and a great lover of travelling I would have enjoyed hearing of your travels and taking some time out to speak my native language!

I note your unfortunate perception of one of our employee’s at check in. Please accept my apologies as this is not at all a reflection on the training and mentality that we share with our team.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back so that I can welcome you back personally.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Rooms are typically 3 stars comfort and for that quite comfortable. However to the the road is somehow noisy in the night and you cannot sleep with open window. Bathroom is fine except the hairdryer which is 1970-style with a handle that will get boiling hot after a few minutes use and the tube is much to short so you may not dry your back head hair.
Public transport to city center is complicated with changing from bus to metro and not convenient. Underground garage was one of the reasons to choose this hotel, however the code to the main door does not work and you have to open it everytime by hand.
Breakfast buffet for 24 CHF (EU 15) is far overpriced for what is offered and we chose to eat outside.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the courtyard which might be much quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on this website.

I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed by the equipment of our establishment and that you were disturbed by the traffic which is usually very light in the evening as we are based in a business district.

Regarding access to the city center you do effectively have a bus which leaves from the bus stop just in front of the hotel that takes you to the nearest metro station. However from this very same bus stop you also have another bus which takes you directly into the center of Lyon without changing.

With regards to the parking I apologize if maybe you experienced a technical fault during your stay. We offer a secure, underground parking with an access code that changes daily in order to guarantee the security of our guests. This access code is available daily at the reception.

I do hope that I will get the pleasure in welcoming you back personally for your next visit in order to personally ensure that your stay is up to the usual quality of the establishment and its services.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Clean, quiet and pleasant staff. Recommended for anyone willing to have a peaceful break in this nice city of Lyon. Located in a new neighborhood on the Saone banks. Well connected to the city center and to the Vieux Lyon as well train stations through buses or underground train

• Stayed: April 2013
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on this website. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and managed to take advantage of the easy access to the city centre.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Great, clean hotel with large room, but outside of city center. Easy river road that takes you right into town. Staff speaks English and very helpful.
Far outside the center of town. Nothing around it for food and drinks. Restaurant in hotel closes at 2pm and doesn't open until 7pm. Since there are no other options around, plan accordly.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd S
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel Lyon-ouest with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I just wanted to point out to you for, I hope, many future stays with us, that our restaurant does indeed close at 2pm and reopens at 7pm however we are able to serve drinks in the afternoon in our lobby area and we are also located in what is actually an up and coming area with several restaurants and a cinema just a few meters away.

I hope to have the pleasure in helping you discover all of this during your next stay with us!

Best regards,

Director of the Hôtel Lyon-ouest

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

This is advertised as a 3 star hotel, but deserves a 4 star rating. Large rooms, water cooker, safe, large bathroom, great shower and bed. I was impressed, good value! Tip: city bikes can be rented just 50 meters from the hotel, direction Lyon centre. Bus stop at the front door, or 15min wlk to nearest metro. Free safe street parking next to hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on this website. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Best regards .