“Pleasantly surprised and impressed”
Review of Hotel Lyon-ouest

Hotel Lyon-ouest
Ranked #20 of 196 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This is a very ultra modern hotel - I was not expecting a very modern hotel in an old city - but my husband and I were very pleased - both for the location and the price. The hotel was facing the river and the secured parking was underneath the hotel, the elevator going directly inside the hotel. Breakfast did not have a wide variety of selection but after a very filling dinner at Paul Bocuse, I can't complaint. The room was spacious and the bathroom super clean and shiny. And the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JEAN G
There are newer reviews for Hotel Lyon-ouest

Reviewed 30 July 2013

For our holiday we were traveling to Frejus and back to Roscoff. We stopped at a couple of hotels on the way to Frejus and a couple on the way back. This hotel was one of our stops on the way back. I can only say that we were beginning to lose hope with French hotels until we stopped off at this one.

I had asked for two adjoining rooms for my wife and I and our two children (4 and 8 years old). When we got to the hotel we were delighted to find that there was a door to a lobby to the two adjoining rooms as well as an entrance door to each room. It was nearly an apartment (except for the fact that there was no kitchen). The rooms were spacious and with good en-suites in each room. Doorbells were immediately outside each room so the kids could ring our door bell from the lobby if they wanted anything! Both rooms had nice views from large ceiling to floor windows (our room facing the river and the kids room facing the large outside restaurant and business area). There was a kids room for the kids to play in and they could get games they wanted to play with etc. Parking is directly underneath the hotel and access is easy.

What really made this hotel special was the service. Every member of staff working in the hotel wanted to be as helpful as they could. They simply could not do enough for us. Would definitely stay again if we are ever in Lyon. For instance, the manager during our stay (Lorraine) is English (albeit she speaks very fluent French). I explained to her that my son really wanted to try Frogs Legs and we had not really had the opportunity to try them so far. She telephoned every restaurant nearby to locate this dish and I noted she spent a good 45 mins searching for us. I know that in the process of her search she even phoned ahead to restaurants at our next stop (in Angers) in case she could not find anything nearby in Lyon. Fortunately, she found us a beautiful reasonably priced restaurant about 5 mins away right beside the river (my son thoroughly enjoyed the grenouilles).

All in all would highly recommend.

1  Thank Philip S
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Sir,

I am thrilled to hear that you got back safely to Britain and that your son enjoyed the frogs legs! Although I was not in on the morning of your departure I did ask my receptionist Sofia to check with you upon departure that the evening was a success. I only hope you didn’t get caught in any downpours if you did finally decide to walk it, if you took the car then I’m sure you avoided them.

I would like to thank you for your lovely comments on our establishment. Customer service is our number one focus and I can only thank you on behalf of the team for giving back to them through your lovely words what they put in to making your stay a special one.

It was a pleasure for us to have you and your family at the hotel. And we do hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back one day.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Hotel Lyon-Ouest gave us a nice surprise. The family room we booked for about 100 Euro per night turned out to be a two-bedroom and two-bathroom suite. The rooms are still very new so very clean and comfortable. Our room has a view facing the Saone river. It is located outside central city but the transportation is convenient with a bus in front of the hotel and taxi fare to the city center is not expensive. My older daughter thinks the breakfast was very good, while my younger one thinks it was exceptional!

1  Thank NJRubyRabbit
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I booked this hotel based on the reviews on TA and it indeed lived up to our expextations.
The hotel was indeed good - huge rooms, clean, very stylish decoration. We had some difficulty in communicating with the reception since their English skills were not great, but at least we managed to. The price was very reasonable. Fully suggested!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

With regards to the English skills, I see that you stayed with us during July, we have just recently recruited a new receptionist at the beginning of July who is completely new to the industry and still in training, it may be that while our regular staff are on holiday you were in contact with this young lady. Rest assured that being English myself I strive to achieve good levels of English should it come naturally to the person or take a little more time.

In any case we do hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Efficient, friendly and professional staff from General manager to room cleaners. Quiet hotel. Fresh and modern room. My third stay at this hotel and the standards have been consistent. Haven't found another hotel that can beat this service. Italian theme restuarant with good selection of affordable meals on offer. Something new this time, a shaded area to the front of the hotel where you can eat alfresco if you wish. More of a 4 star but at 3 star prices. Brilliant. As Arnie says 'I'll be back'.

Dear Bob,

It is always a pleasure for us to welcome you back to the hotel.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have stayed few times there because i visit the area for business. The hotel is a very nice and modern one. It is new. Rooms are perfect and do not lack anything. They could be comparable to rooms of 5 stars ones. Note that the hotel is not in the center. If you have business close to that area , this hotel is the solution and at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on this website. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is a pleasure for us to welcome you back at each visit.

We hope that we will have the chance to see you back again very soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Have just returned from a lovely stay at this hotel. It is clean, well presented, comfortable and the food was very good. It was bank holiday in France when I stayed and the General Manager had opened one of meeting rooms and put a variety of toys in there for the children to play with under their parents supervision. This was a really good idea as the weather was not very nice and there was a lot of rain. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and I would be quite happy to stay again.

Room Tip: The hotel was very quiet at night, and the front bedrooms overlooked the river.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear traveler,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on this website.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our Kids Corner. As the hotel is perfectly adapted for welcoming families this is something extra we like to offer our guests during the school holidays and particularly family-orientated weekends.

I have noticed that you already have a second stay planned with us for July. I hope to get the chance to welcome you back personally.