“Great little restaurant in an old town”

Jeremy Galvan Restaurant
Reserve with
Jeremy Galvan Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 3,439 Restaurants in Lyon
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Surprised with the food and service. It was a great experience and delighted to find a such wonderful restaurant in the old part of the town that full of tourists.

2  Thank Mason L

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Both of my wife and I are really like our delicate dinner. We went to restaurant at 7:30PM, and waiter tried to give us a detail explanation by English. Even both of us English were not very good, we still deeply felt warm for waiter's patience. The entrees, plats and dessert were so palatable. From three dishes, you could feel that the chef is creative. I will go to this restaurant again when we go to Lyon.

1  Thank TingCheng L
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Very pleasant experience. Relaxed and correct at tension from serving staff. Super meal for excellent value. Best meal in Lyon so far. Lunch meny was 28€ with one glass of wine. If I ever move to Lyon I will eat lunch here every week

1  Thank Foconi
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Without doubt the best meal on my recent European trip that did not have a Michelin star. In fact, in our view, our dinner here was better than at several restaurants that do have the coveted star (3 of them in one case).

The "experience" of fine dining is offered up here. Some may call that pretentious, but I actually enjoy the experience, with the elaborate explanations of the dishes, the various "extras" and overly attentive waiters. This is not an everyday experience, but I don't do it every day.

Excellent food at a great price.

1  Thank TheLongWayHome_10
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I felt that the owner was following in the footsteps of Heston Blumenthal. But whereas Heston's tasting menu is brilliantly conceived and achieves its success through subtle and unexpected combinations, we felt that too many of our courses strained for effectiveness with too many combinations in single dishes, subtle tastes being swamped by less subtle. The dessert was an extreme example of this. When the waiter described what was on offer, we thought he was offering a choice of at least three options. But no. All were there on the same plate - all somewhat drowned by almond essence and rose water.

A pleasant setting - but no view and not as high up the hill as we had expected.