“Fine French in tiny, cosy bistro”
Review of Danton

Danton
Ranked #4 of 3,351 Restaurants in Lyon
Price range: US$25 - US$56
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Dinner at this tiny, cosy bistro in an area a little out of the Lyon old town was most definitely worth the small detour. Our 3 course meal was impeccably fresh, beautifully plated and so, so tasty. Traditional dishes reworked with a lighter, more modern flair. The waiter suggested the perfect wine to go with it, and even the coffee was brilliant. You can see the 2 chefs working behind a glass divider, and one came out to check if we were happy. You will need to reserve a table.

1  Thank Fourwanderers
There are newer reviews for Danton

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I took a chance and called for dinner and got a table. I was a lucky one, others were turned away as the place is small. They have very affordable options for 2, 3, 4 or 5 courses. Since I was by myself, I appreciated the wine 3 wine options by the pot for red, or white or rosé. I chose a 2 course option of entree and plate, for my entree I had a pressed beef and fois which was so delicious. Now I want to make this for my friends! For the main, I had the veal cheeks which were cooked for 72 hours, and were they delicious. It still had texture and a nice sear on the outside. The sauce was light and complimented the millefiori of potatoes and the roasted vegetables. Although I did not have dessert, I noticed what others were getting and all looked quite nice. I can't wait to visit Lyon again so I can return to this restaurant. Bravo chef Alexis!

1  Thank MPA033
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Having read the great reviews we booked for dinner at Le Danton during our recent stay to Lyon. We were a big group of 12, in a very small restaurant, but this was no problem at all. Great, traditional French restaurant. Small menu, but everything we had from It was just beautiful. Most of us had the veal, definitely the best any of us had ever eaten, cooked to perfection. Great value and would thoroughly recommend a visit. Very handy if, like us, you are staying in the Part Dieu area.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Despite us turning up quite late having traveled to Lyon, they still found us a table. We had an excellent meal, everything was cooked to perfection and the wine choice of the waiter was excellent. It s small little place so expect it to be busy but well worth it.

1  Thank TheScubaDuo
Reviewed 16 January 2014

A lovely small brasserie style place with food of a very high standard and a sensible carte des vins.
Nice simple atmosphere enhanced by the glass walled kitchen almost in the dining area. Approval or disapproval easily transmitted direct to the chefs (only the former was required) and the theatre of seeing them at work is a big bonus.

1  Thank lhi2i