“Excellent activity”
Review of From Vine to Wine - CLOSED

From Vine to Wine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: From Vine to Wine welcomes you to join us as we drink our way to understanding French wines! Join us as we look at why the wines of France are considered to be the best in the world. Shannon, our American Sommelier will be there to guide you through each tasting and answer your questions. Hope to share a drink with you soon!
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent activity”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This was an excellent activity and good value for money. It was a relaxed atmosphere and Shannon's wine knowledge was very impressive. The way Shannon has set up the room works very well with the instructive posters and it was very comfortable and informative. She has clearly thought through how best to run her sessions. We would recommend this to anyone travelling in Lyon who is interested in improving their knowledge of wines.

Visited July 2014

New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“You haven't Tasted French Wine Until You Taste It with Shannon”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Tastings with Shannon are wonderful fun. My wife and I came the first time at the recommendation of a friend and scheduled a second tasting just because the first was so great that we wanted more.

Shannon is an American sommelier and French wine scholar with a deep knowledge of French wines. She is passionate about wine and that passion comes through in her tastings, along with her sense of fun and adventure. She is a great teacher who makes the complexities of French wines understandable. She also taught us a great deal about the approaches of professional wine tasting and led us through blind tastings of Cote du Rhone and Burgundy wines. I am a professional wine judge and one of those annoying wine show offs and I was amazed at how much I learned (and how much fun I had learning it.) I plan to keep her on speed dial for quick questions about wine/food pairings at restaurants in town.

Whether you are an expert or a novice, Shannon will teach you and delight you with regional wines. She also led us to her favorite wine shop and gave us some advice on Beaujolais when we visited there. She also knows all the good restaurants in town and where to get a good India Pale Ale when you a tired of wine. Get to know her as soon as you come to town.

We learned about Shannon from Lucy Vanel, another American expat who runs the Plum Cooking School. If you want to learn about French food and cooking as well as wines, check out a course with Lucy at The Plum Teaching Kitchen Lyon http://www.plumlyon.com/

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Greg G
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great afternoon tasting”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Spent a great afternoon in Shannons company. She makes tasting interesting and accessible for a novice like me and can also talk the high level stuff to those who know more (as my friends did). Clearly passionate about the subject but also keen to make it fun... thoroughly recommended.

Hong Kong, China
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The highlight of my visit to Lyon”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

What can I say, Shannon was brilliant!
I spent a fun and informative afternoon with Shannon demystifying French wine - and I didn't think that could be possible.
I learnt so much, enough that it really made the difference to how I went about selecting wine for the remainder of my trip in France, I actually could look at a menu and pick a wine I knew would be to my taste,
Shannon is personable and makes the learning fun, she conducts her tastings from a well set up room at her house and has all the resources close at hand to be able to answer any questions you may have.
For those of us raised on new world wines, Shannon breaks down the world of French wines in terms we understand. As an American living in France she straddles both worlds easily and shares that experience with those who come to her tastings.
Make this the first stop on your trip to Lyon, you'll be pleased you did.

Visited June 2014
Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fantastic tasting!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I had a fantastic regional wine tasting with Shannon. It really was very informative and I left with a better understanding of French wine and how to pair it well with food.
Shannon is a lot of fun and provides great information which will definitely help me when selecting French wines at home.
Thanks again for a great afternoon of wine and nibbles and some laughs in Lyon! It was a highlight of my time there and if I return I will certainly be signing up for another tasting!

Visited June 2014