“Beautiful views”
Review of Villa Florentine

Villa Florentine
Ranked #15 of 194 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Hotel was beautiful! The management was very accommodating...there was a mix up with our room and they handled it right away and gave us a great upgrade, the pool is nice and the views are insane! I would eat out side the hotel and beware of the million stairs to get up to the hotel...you can cab it or walk if you are in shape : ) 100% recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed in this beautiful restored convent atop the big hill in Old Lyon. You are treated as a VIP from the moment you enter the beautiful lobby, as the hotel staff provides you with a refreshing drink on the terrace as they do the paperwork for your check-in. The staff speak many languages and are happy to help you. The room was beautiful with a territorial view of the city. The pool overlooks the city and has a spa feel to it. The bar in the lobby, although usually empty, was a wonderful place to have an evening cocktail or a morning coffee and croissant while I waited for my teenage daughter to finish dressing. The location is fantastic - just above the cobblestoned portion of old Lyon, with scores of wonderful Lyonnaise bistros to eat, drink, and peoplewatch throughout the day and evening. You will want to be physically fit, however, because the best way to reach these bistros and shops is via the nearby old staircases that link the hotel to the rest of Lyon. I would go back again and again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the city.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I had to book a last minute trip to Lyon for business and was fortunate that there weren't any other hotels with availability. This was truly a first rate experience and I only had two days to enjoy while still working. The rooms and amenities were incredible - large - which in Europe is uncommon. The bathroom alone was huge and luxurious. The property is a former religious site (monastery, I think) and they kept many of the original features. The views were just beautiful- couldn't ask for a better overall experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Villa Florentine is beautiful. The old abbey has been decorated with every attention to detail. The views across Lyon are breathtaking, it is an easy walk down stairs to the old village where you get lost in the old world charm. The staff are extremely helpful and take a little extra time to chat. Anne (Assistant Mgr) was very friendly and made the visit warm and welcoming. We wanted to stay longer, such an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Virtually Perfect

We stayed two nights and it was quite an amazing experience. We arrived by car and as we pulled into the parking space we were greeted by the hotel manager. Then we were introduced to Anne who checked us in and gave us an orientation about the hotel and its history as well as a detailed walking map for us to use while walking about the city. Throughout our stay she was incredibly helpful.
The room was incredibly large and very well appointed.
The staff, without exception, was there to make your stay as pleasurable and relaxing as possible. The physical facility was gorgeous and very comfortable, but it was the staff that differentiates this hotel from virtually any other I have stayed at. If I return to Lyon, and I hope to, I will be sure to stay at the Villa Florentine Hotel Lyon

Room Tip: There are only 28 or so rooms. Some do not have a great city view. Ours (#14) was very large and sp...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
relations-clients, Guest Relations Manager at Villa Florentine, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear traveler,

Thank you for staying at the Villa Florentine and for taking the time to leave a review.

We are very pleased to read that you liked your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards

Customer Relations Team

Reviewed 3 January 2012

This lovely hotel exudes calm and comfort but what makes this an exceptional place to stay are friendliness and service of the staff. Anne again requires special mention - very caring and helpful. We loved our stay in this hotel and would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2011

All the positive things other reviewers have said are true, so I wont repeat them, other than to add my praise for the staff, particularly Anne Christiansen and the rest of the front desk/bell staff. We liked our stay so much that we checked out of another luxury hotel later that week a day early, so we could come back and spend another night at Villa Florentine. You know, I think they were as happy to see us as we were to see them; at least, that is how they made us feel. When I commented on arrival that when I had called the day before, there had been both a suite and a deluxe room available, but I had opted for the room, we were upgraded (I am sorry, I did not catch the young lady's name, but she was very nice) to an outstanding suite -- comfortable, great view, spacious --at no extra charge.

Room Tip: Junior suite was particularly great.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple