“One of my best dining experiences ever!”

Deux Filles en Cusine
Ranked #929 of 3,757 Restaurants in Lyon
Reviewed 7 July 2016

This place is amazing. It's a cute restaurant set in the downstairs of an old building. The kitchen is right in the small dining room. Although the place is small, it never felt crowded, and was actually nice dining with adjoining guests. The food was amazing! No menu offered - just served what the two women chefs decided on that morning. It was fresh, light, yet hearty, and delicious!! I highly recommend this place, though you do need a reservation in advance.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

If you find yourself hungry in Lyon, I highly recommend this place. My husband and I went here for lunch. The place is quite small so if you're going with a group, I'd make a reservation. In fact, they asked us if we had a reservation when we walked in. Even though we didn't, they welcomed us kindly and found us a place to sit. Deux Filles offers one three course fixed price menu for €15/person which I thought was a steal...especially considering the quality of the meal we had. You can tell all the ingredients are market fresh. Coming here felt like we were getting an authentic home cooked French meal from three friends. It was awesome. I'm still kicking myself for not taking any pictures of their lovely culinary creations.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 7 December 2014

We came across this new restaurant in one of our walks around Lyon and we thought we’d try it out. It’s a small, cosy place that serves only lunches. Two large wooden tables that seat approximately 20 people. We were greeted with fresh lemonade with ginger upon arrival. The menu was very Mediterranean with a French twist. The starter was humus with pitas the main was greek meatball with broccoli and tomato coulis and the dessert chocolate mousse. Everything was very delicious and the two ladies who own the restaurant and cook at the same time, were extremely friendly. It was really as being in their home kitchen and they truly enjoyed taking care of us.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed 28 November 2014

I took myself on a walking tour Lyon and loving this little discovery by the time I felt like lunch. A set menu, these two women made me feel welcome (despite me speaking hardly any french). I loved the simple fit out, shared tables and home-style kitchen open to the room. The food was an amazing 3 course meal for just 15 Euros. Refreshing home-made lemonade on arrival, minted pot of water, bag of bread, Roasted Beetroot and Feta for starters, Poached Apple and Pork for mains, and a fresh-baked cookie/cake with icecream for dessert. Simple, made with love, and a really welcome 'hole-in-the-wall' discovery. Definitely worth a visit if you like friendly, home-made fare and the freedom of a set menu!

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed 3 September 2014

This is a small cosy restaurant in beautiful area Croix Rousse of Lyon with very much a "feel like home" ambience. The 2 girls who own the restaurant make the food in an open cuisine in the corner of the restaurant - looks just like a kitchen in someones home. When we had lunch there (they only do lunches or dinner catering) they had tried a new plate from Mali which was tasty. And the dessert cake - super deliscious.You have to buy a 3 course lunch though for around 25 euro - no other choices. They write the menu on the door - different every day. I recommend especially for the nice warm feel like home feeling and good food.

Date of visit: March 2014