“Divine”
Review of Guy Lassausaie

Guy Lassausaie
Ranked #16 of 3,465 Restaurants in Lyon
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Perfect in every way. Amazing food, great service and good atmosphere. We both had the degustation and my 5yo snacked off our courses (she was partial to the fish but avoided the roe and loved the deserts).

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Had a 115 Euro 'menu decouverte' and found it plenty and tastfull. I expected maybe to much to discover and found much classic tasting meals, altough al presented well. I did like the service, altough it seemed a bit rushed at the start of things. We got a pre-dessert wich were sweet tasting things like macorons and found this to be better at the end, because after the sweets we still got a dessert and that did not taste to good anymore after that. Wines are to expensive as often in France (unbelievable in this wine country) but of good quality.

1  Thank WimLeuven
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Had the 6 course tasting menu and left very full. The service is good, but expected a little more from a relais & chateaux level restaurant. The food is very good. Nothing that I tasted would be considered ground breaking or inventive, but solid and full of flavor. The staff was a little pushy with wine, but that could just be my lack of translation and experience with French service. I recommend this restaurant if you have a car and GPS if you don't, then you should probably stay in the Lyon city center area.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

It is hard to achieve 2 Michelin stars and it is even harder to be Maitre de France. The Owners couple definitely deserves to harvest on their hard work no doubt. The trouble with 2 stars Michelin is that the air becomes thin and the expectations are high. I have eaten in many 2 and even 3 star restaurants - and even many more NO Star restaurants so plainly speaking, my criteria somehow do not match the hype around this restaurant.
To make it simple and fair:
The atmosphere is excellent and worthy 5 points
The service is flawless and simply perfect - worthy any 5 points or even more if you like.
The presentation of the food is perfect, sometimes a little bit too over the top but by all standards excellent, so also 5 points.
Now to the food. Here my verdict is mixed - We had 2 of their more expensive menus (76 and 88 Euro). The starters were a bit plain, only one was really interesting, followed by a few main courses - the fish was great but very little - some of the sauces which were served with the main courses were very good and perfectly balanced, refined and top class - other main courses were rather plain and pretty average and somehow lacking taste. The trouble came with the desserts. They served an intermediate dessert - kind of a chocolate milk cream - which i can find in any office cantine, served with a almond sugar crusty cake - embarrassing low to delivery this, for such a high class restaurant. A 2star MIchelin does NOT serve something like this. More mistakes happened as we had a sorbet in-between meals - very good b.t.w. - but then they repeated that sorbet as part of one dessert, why ??? I have never seen a Michelin restaurant doing such simple mistakes. Apart from that - the other dessert had a coconut cake - terrible taste and some ananas carpaccio that was below any understandable standard. It was soaked in sugar and all ananas taste was gone - I am sorry - if this chef would go into a competition with such a collection of food - he would not make a great impression. The cheese was excellent, but that is the minimum one can expect from such a restaurant.
So overall - with interesting starters that had refined and high class taste, to rather plain and average main courses and below standard desserts - i can only think of a 3 for the food.

I almost have the impression that for the pressure of this 2 Michelin stars this restaurant is trying everything maybe a bit too much and over the top. Their food is not their strong point - the service is outstanding and I would recommend this restaurant for sure to everybody to try for himself - but I am sorry, given the choices there are - i won't come back - I have eaten too many times much better before, we go 70% for the taste, so sorry though that it did not make it overall.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

The reviews of this 2 Michelin star restaurant are spot on - the food is amazing!

The restaurant is quite far out of town and does cost around 60 euro each way in a taxi.

We chose the 88 euro 6 course degustation option. One of our group does not eat seafood and the staff were very accommodating. Each of the courses were just spectacular, everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food.

At times the service was a little lacking; our water glasses remained empty occasionally and when we asked for the desert menu in English (spoken in French) one of the staff replied (in French) that we didn't need the English menu as the deserts were the same. We persevered and another staff member provided the menu in English.

Apart from that this is an outstanding restaurant and deserves the Michelin rating.

We would travel to this restaurant again.

1  Thank Nikki T