“Wonderful Restaurant :)”
Review of Le PaillerOn

Le PaillerOn
Reserve with
Le PaillerOn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 3,268 Restaurants in Lyon
Price range: US$17 - US$45
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant since 23 years at the heart of the Croix Rousse, internal typically silk workers in the charm guarantee. The chief Jean and all his team shall treat you of a real local cooking between the southwest and the specialities of Lyon, let carry you by an atmosphere warm and good-natured... See you very soon
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful Restaurant :)”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My other half, who is French and loves his food, took me here and treated me to a lovely evening out. This restaurant in Croix-Rousse is just wonderful!

First of all, it has a nice atmosphere...typically French. Very well-decorated and cosy.

I ordered from the fixed menu (I believe my selection was 26 euros).

We were first served with olive tapenade and home-baked bread...mmmmmmmm...we asked for seconds and were met with no resistance. Along with a glass of kir to start off the evening.

I had the camembert with the chestnuts, bacon and mushrooms for a starter. Divine does not do it justice...WOW! It also came with a salad.

Next up, I had the salmon in a mousseline. Another huge WOW!!! It was amazing! It included scallops and shrimp, along with fresh vegetables in a sauce, and just thinking about it now makes me hungry all over again!

For dessert, I had the delicious panacotta...it also came with a lovely ice-cream (not sure of the flavour, but it was GOOD!!) and a small slice of cake.

And, a bottle of 2008 Bordeaux (La Rose Bellevue)...REALLY good!

I cannot remember everything that my man had, but I know that he also enjoyed his meal very much!

All in all, it was a beautiful meal with very good service. I recommend it to anyone! I cannot imagine anyone not liking it.

• Visited June 2012

Lyon, France
“Warm atmosphere and amazing food”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Be prepared to eat well, and to eat a lot! The menu is large, and the dishes are larger; the specialty is fois gras and very traditional Lyonnaise just like grandmothers can make, teamed with a great wine list. The setting is also very comfortable. I really recommend this restaurant for a group event, but it works just as well for one or two persons.

• Visited February 2012
Sacramento, CA
“périgourd food”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

This is NOT your typical modern French restaurant. The food is rich and heavy with lots of wild mushrooms, snails, rabbit, stews, home made foie gras, etc. The fixed price dinners are wonderful but too much for me in my old age; 10 years ago I could finish and still walk home. The lunches, which change daily for 13 euro for 3 courses are now more my speed. The owners, husband and wife are always there. They have 3 restaurants all side by side. One is a pizzeria; if you are adventuresome try the snail, wild mushroom and chestnut pizza.

• Visited June 2011
Torrelavega, Spain
“good French”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

look for suggestions around the menus offered, typical French outside the tourist circuit in Lyon, careful not to ask for too much food!, you have to be real hungry or skip the dessert.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank alberto4409
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“very big plates! south west cooking, very good ;-)”
Reviewed 29 March 2008

very big plates! south west cooking, very good ;-)

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Le PaillerOn? Share your experiences!