“Great French Food”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vieux Lyon - Quarantaine
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Lovely little restaurant, tucked away in the old city of Lyon.

Food was excellent, service was good.

We arrived early and left late, no pressure to gobble and go.

Table spacing is tight, as is the norm in European restaurants.

There are newer reviews for Les Adrets

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very popular restaurant in Vieux Lyon. Food was somewhat above average. We had magret de canard which was well prepared. Even in February the restaurant filled up rapidly. Best to have a reservation. Biggest disappointment was the service. They did not have an adequate number of staff. We were lucky because we were the first diners. Later patrons had to wait over half an hour just to get there orders taken.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Amazing food. The two menus we chose we 45 euros and 35 euros and the quality. Aperitif, starter, sorbet, mains. cheese and dessert. Each one was just superb. Then two hostess were very attentive and engaged in conversation making me and my husband feel so at home and relaxed that we booked the following evening.
Loved it, would highly recommend BUT you MUST book or you'll miss out.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We were at a bookshop paying for a large tome before I asked for recommendation for a place nearby and was pointed towards Les Adrets. We were warned that reservations were required but we could give it a try.

When we arrived we were given a place but it was supposed to be a share table, and our partners did not show up when we were there. While waiting for the menu, the waitress (1 of 2) came up and said there's no menu and we can choose between two items for appetizer and mains. To try out what they had to offer, we ordered one of each. Since this was also the first day of Beaujolais Nouveau, there was a bottle of it on the table as well.

Appetizer was smoked salmon salad and beef pastry. Both were prepared nicely. Salad had just enough tang to it without being overpowering.

Mains on the day we were there was fillet of St Pierre and a beef dish that reminds me of Bourgoignon, cooked in red wine sauce. Both of which were prepared nicely to our taste. There's not much choice here, you take what they give you. The good news is that the preparation is pretty good so there's no need to be fussy when you eat here.

Dessert was a collection of 3 sweets and cakes. All nicely prepared.

Unlike other restaurants in France, for Les Adrets you walk up to the counter and you pay. The surprise of the day is that the cost for this lunch set menu was only 17€ per person, including the bottle of Beaujolais. Not only was the food good, but the price was very affordable as well. The service was fast but we didn't feel as though we were ignored at all. Not much english spoken, so be prepared.

Great find for us. Perhaps one of the best meal we've had in Lyon.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had dinner at Les Adrets (must reserve a few days in advance). An unusual but tasty chestnut-and-clam amuse bouche was a good introduction. I stayed with the seafood theme by having a 'cassoulette" of prawns and cepe mushrooms as my starter, and grilled scallops wrapped in pancetta as my main. Both were divine. My husband had an egg-and-cepe starter followed by a main consisting of three types of meat - not entirely sure what they were - but he liked it. There was a curious "fruit / plant / alcohol" sorbet intermezzo between the starter and the main. Then the cheese course and the dessert. I thought both were a bit ordinary - with the cheeses too cold to have really had their flavours develop, and my crème brulee much like any other; that said, my husband's rhum baba was excellent. Taking it all together, I'd give reasonably high marks for the food, and the service was terrific. The real negative was the extremely tightly spaced tables. Our neighbouring diners were practically on top of us.

1  Thank Alpaca19

Been to Les Adrets? Share your experiences!